Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing Manufacturers in Ireland

Options
  • 15-05-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Good Afternoon,

We're currently in the planning stage of setting up our on-line clothing business based in Ireland. In terms of production of garments, our main focus so far has been on Eastern Europe.

However we aim to leave no stone unturned in our planning and therefore we would like to make sure that there are no Irish manufacturers out there who may offer decent prices and quality workmanship. While I don't expect them to compete with prices in Poland etc., it would be ideal to keep production in Ireland and doing so can also help secure grants and funding from government bodies that can potentially offset the extra costs Irish manufacturers themselves may charge.

Google has yielded nothing and maybe that's because there are no factories or dedicated workshops of this kind of business model out there. I'd like to be sure--does anyone know of any functioning business in Ireland that we could investigate?

Kind Regards

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deeaayenn

Hey did you ever get anywhere with this? researching the same topic myself. Could do with some help!

Cheers

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭karlkarlson

Got no where with this. The workshops of old don't exist it seems so that tradition is dying unfortunately. even if it was it probably wouldn't be economically viable in comparison to the prices in Eastern Europe.

So right now we're focused on Poland for manufacturing. Not started yet but trying to get there!

Happy to chat more by DM if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sdm

Any more news on this topic? I remember when we had a great textile industry and it employed people all over. We should never have let it go as a whole generation have no experience in this trade. There was an article on clothing in the Sunday Business Post some weeks back, here is the contact details if they are of any use to you. Let us know if your stil interested in this topic.

Fashion Hothouse - Peter Love

info@fashionhothouse.com

Fashion Hothouse,
    The Mill,
    Greenmount Ind Est,
    Harolds Cross,
    Dublin 12.

01 485 3961

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭karlkarlson

I think I saw these guys in another paper a few months back. They looked promising alright, but 'd be wary about the pricing. Will take a look at the article in the Post and their site. Thanks for passing it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sdm

So K, how are you getting on with the website clothing idea? any news on the Polish front? what clothes are you going to sell?

• Advertisement
Advertisement