Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4a1 not shooting (HELP)

Options
  • 15-05-2012 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

alri lads i have an m4a1
    #made buy machine combat. its a G n G

yesterday i was shooting it an it sounded like it was dying like as if the battery was going. but went i slapped the side of it it was fine again for another few minutes.

but now nothing atall will happen i charged the batter for an hour or two to see if that was the problem but its not.

any help would be very much helpfull

cherrrs barrry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

bazer46 wrote: »
    alri lads i have an m4a1
    #made buy machine combat. its a G n G

yesterday i was shooting it an it sounded like it was dying like as if the battery was going. but went i slapped the side of it it was fine again for another few minutes.

but now nothing atall will happen i charged the batter for an hour or two to see if that was the problem but its not.

any help would be very much helpfull

cherrrs barrry

What make is the battery?
    What make is the charger?
    How is the fuse?, blown? (as you said it now does not work at all now)? or is it loose?
    Do you have a spare battery that you can compare?
    Is there a cable knicked (short circuit) that you can see?
    Are the battery and aeg connections browned slightly or damaged?
    Are the connections to the motor in place? and not loose?
    Have you performed any modifications to the aeg internally?

I could probably ask more...

Sound like a battery problem, if you have a multimeter you can check the voltage after a full charge and see what you have, if its significantly lower than the voltage it should be, chances are there is a dead battery cell. If you have a spare battery try that, or borrow from a friend.

Failing that it might be the charger, generally people buy better quality batteries and chargers for there aegs as the ones that come with an aeg as part of a pack are quite naff in some cases.

If you have eliminated that the battery is not the issue, have a look at what I said in the beginning of my post.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bazer46

Thanks a million man will have a look at all that now.. The battery on the voltage meter says its perfect. Don't no the battery make an all will look now thanks a buNch

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RogueSpear

I wouldn't eliminate the battery as the problem just yet. Yesterday your battery was dying and could have left the piston in the fully compressed position. Now even with a charged battery and 2 hours is not a lot of time depending on the charger the battery might not be able to turn the motor and gears with them being in the fully compressed position.
    Does the motor make any sound when you pull the trigger? Do the wires get hot? Can you remove the top reciever and see what position the piston is in?
    It all depends on the type of battery you have. If its an 8.4 even fully charged it might never move it. If you have a fully charged 9.6 or even better a 11.1 lipo they should move it!! If you don't then remove the pistop grip take out the motor andd release the anti reversal latch. If you don't know what your doing or don't feel like your capable of carrying out the work them bring it into a shop.
    Have got several AEGs in for repair as non firing and seized with just this problem. 8.4v just don't cut it!!

RogueSpear wrote: »
    I wouldn't eliminate the battery as the problem just yet. Yesterday your battery was dying and could have left the piston in the fully compressed position. Now even with a charged battery and 2 hours is not a lot of time depending on the charger the battery might not be able to turn the motor and gears with them being in the fully compressed position. It all depends on the type of battery you have. If its an 8.4 even fully charged it might never move it. If you have a fully charged 9.6 or even better a 11.1 lipo they should move it!!
    Have got several AEGs in for repair as non firing and seized with just this problem.[/Q

The battery is red and black coloured it's make is enrich power 1500mah. 1.2v ????

That any help ha

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RogueSpear

how many cells in the battery? Each cell is 1.2v if you have 7 then its an 8.4 if you have 8 its a 9.6v. Does the motor make any sound when you pull the trigger? Do the wires get hot? Can you remove the top reciever and see what position the piston is in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

you should check that the wires going to the motor are ok and connected properly, had a similar problem recently and it turned out the spade connector was broken inside the shrink tubing,it looked ok at a glance but only made ocasional contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Can you hear any noise coming from your gearbox, or your motor? First thing to check is your fuse. If your fuse is fine, then move on to eliminate the battery as the cause - fully charge a different battery, and test that. If there is still no noise at all, then it is not a battery problem.

On the bottom of the pistol grip is your motor base plate - unscrew it. There are two wires with spade connectors on the ends, and these should both be firmly engaged on the corresponding tabs on the motor. Are they in place? If so, disconnect them and remove the motor. Reconnect the motor outside of the pistol grip and pull the trigger (with battery connected) - the motor should spin. If not, then either your motor is burned out (easily checked; connect another motor) or you've got a problem with your trigger contacts, normally caused by a locked gearbox, and excessive pulling of the trigger w/battery connected.

If your motor does spin outside, then you've got a gearbox problem - most likely just locked. Use a higher voltage battery or a small hook/allen key to release AR (anti-reversal) latch.

alriiiiiiii lads. iv got the gun working firing now...

but the hands were the trigger is is hot when i fire the gun is this the motor or whats up gun fire but sounds alot louder now

What do you mean? What part of the gun is heating up? Is it the pistol grip?

What did you do to it in order to fix the problem?

The more information you can give, the better the chance of us being able to help :)

Inari wrote: »
    What do you mean? What part of the gun is heating up? Is it the pistol grip?

What did you do to it in order to fix the problem?

The more information you can give, the better the chance of us being able to help :)

yeah the pistol grip i disembled the hole gun didnt touch the gear box.

the black wire was not connected to the motor ?

• Advertisement

Sounds like your motor is drawing too much current, and is in the process of burning out. Make sure your motor adjustment is correct, that the pinion gear isn't tearing through wire, and that none of the wires are pinched by the heatsink/motor base plate

Advertisement