Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planning application course

Options
  • 15-05-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

hey. i am looking for some sort of course, probably a one-day course, on how to complete a full planning application. i am just finished my 3rd year of architectural technology, and would benefit greatly from knowing how to complete an application. i can do planning drawings no problem, but its the forms and process i am unaware of. i ask this cause a number of friends have asked me to do one for them within the next year or so.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Hi Jimbobtravis,

I've never came across any courses specifically targeted at planning submissions. I used to do residential and the odd commercial planning application. I'm from an engineering background.

My recommendation is to read the 20/24 page supplementary document to the planning application. Stick to relatively straight-forward projects. On contentious jobs there is a lot of politics between planners and architects/engineers. You could get dragged into endless letter tennis; meanwhile your pay per hour reduces below the minimum wage.

Also, make sure that the wording on the newspaper notice is correct and matches wording on the site notice. Mistakes here can be very expensive!

Con1982
    hey. i am looking for some sort of course, probably a one-day course, on how to complete a full planning application. i am just finished my 3rd year of architectural technology, and would benefit greatly from knowing how to complete an application. i can do planning drawings no problem, but its the forms and process i am unaware of. i ask this cause a number of friends have asked me to do one for them within the next year or so.
    cheers

Advertisement