Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SamSung Fridge/Freezer

Options
  • 15-05-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I have a Samsung Fridge-Freezer, and it needs to be completely de-frosted every 4 weeks. Every time I go to de-frost it, the heat transfer fins are all iced -up, it usually takes about 6 hours to defrost. It worked for about 2 years before it started giving trouble, and the problem has got steadily worse - requiring defrosting more and more often (now at 4 weeks)
    Has anyone else had a similar problem??
    The unit is an american style effort, I haven't got the model no. to hand.
    I'm Cork based.

Thanks,
    B

Comments

Is the door seal in good condition, if it's not closing and sealing correctly, moisture will be constantly entering the fridge and causing the icing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Baldilocks

The Model no. of the fridge is RS20 CCSV.

I have checked the door seals and they're fine

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

defrost heater has to to replaced by an upgraded version - could cost up to €250

common fault on these units

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Did you get this sorted OP?

Do you mind me asking if the fridge makes any noise when this happens?

My samsung fridge freezer is acting up at the moment too, just the fridge part, and it seems limited to the top. It seems to be causing a lot of extra vibrations, and for the last couple of days when I open the door I can hear the fan stopping like its getting caught on something.

The top part of the fridge doesn't seem to get nearly as cool as the bottom so I'm thinking the top defroster unit/fan needs replacing.

Also if anyone knows a good repair person for these problems in the Kilkenny area could they please PM me.

Haven't gotten it sorted yet. I haven't noticed any noise.

I'll be giving these people in the UK a call, as they seem to be quite knowledgeable.
    http://samsungfridgefreezerproblems.co.uk/

I'll update one I get it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Any joy?

still didn't move on it - sorry.
    It's on the 'to-do' list for this week.

I finally found someone who is willing to come and look at it. really struggled to find anyone, Samsung were zero help as were their alleged agents MF services (whose web-site states they are looking after Samsung, but they denied this vehemently.
    I'll post the results of the visit.

(I will never buy Samsung again - customer service is embarassing)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Thanks, I wonder what conclusion they come up with.

• Advertisement

A very helpful man from AV Services in Cork came out.
    The problem was with the defrost unit, specifically the temperature probe and fuse. This was preventing the unit form going through its' normal defrost cycle. He replaced both with samsung parts, though not the original specification as these have been superseeded by new more robust parts.
    It's been working fine for the last 4 weeks.

If you're based in the soout and your samsung fridge is giving grief, then give AV services a call

Advertisement