Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseeker Allowance and holiday (hospital)

Options
  • 15-05-2012 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi so im gettin JA from feb 2012 I have to go to my country but not on "holidays" but on pretty serious operation which can take 3 weeks or 4 even 4.5 weeks... Do you know that if I admit this at social welfare they might not cancel my whole claim? I know that I can get paid by 2 weeks its okay but what if I will stay longer? They will not pay a money but the claim can be still active?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Igor2155 wrote: »
    Hi so im gettin JA from feb 2012 I have to go to my country but not on "holidays" but on pretty serious operation which can take 3 weeks or 4 even 4.5 weeks... Do you know that if I admit this at social welfare they might not cancel my whole claim? I know that I can get paid by 2 weeks its okay but what if I will stay longer? They will not pay a money but the claim can be still active?

If you are going for and operation then you can apply for the 12 days holidays, your claim can be payment suspended for up to a month but you will need to provide a certificate of fitness on your return. Btw you do have to provide this info because if there are complications and you have to stay longer you claim will be closed and you will have to answer far more questions on your return.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

Thank you so these 12 days can be add for my holiday days ? (14 days in year) which gives us 26 days? I can proof them that I will get operation and what exactly this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Igor2155 wrote: »
    Thank you so these 12 days can be add for my holiday days ? (14 days in year) which gives us 26 days? I can proof them that I will get operation and what exactly this is.

You can only take 12 days holidays from jsa. Any others days over this you will not be paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

your problem when you go past the 12 days holidays is they will hit you with genuinely seeking work and you wont be able to prove that because you were not looking for work. i would say they will close the claim and tie you up in knots with hrc.

Advertisement