Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue bottle flies

Options
  • 15-05-2012 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I came home from a holiday to find that I forgot to take out the rubbish before I left. I was disgusted to find about 20 blue bottles buzzing around the window and when I lifted up the rubbish bag to remove it I discovered little brown things that looked like mouse droppings for all the world. I presume these are cocoons. I hoovered up these and sprayed Raid fly killer in the room, hoovered up the dead flies and sprayed a second time to be safe. Found no dead flies after this. Then I hoovered up the whole room, moved furniture around to hoover behind them. I was wondering is this the end because I cleaned up and removed their food source ie the rubbish. Or is there a chance I missed something. Any suggestions if I did. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

Throw the vacuum cleaner bag in the bin (outside bin)
    Check your fruit bowl/vegetables for flies.

Advertisement