Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girly Weekend in Liverpool

Options
  • 14-05-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Myself and 4/5 of my friends are planning a girly weekend in Liverpool.. Has anyone gone for a weekend that could reccommend a cheap place to stay which would be fairly central. We are looking for a hostel or somewhere like that. Cheap as possible as we are only just out of college.
    Also, can you tell us some good places to see/ things to do there?!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Premier Inns - Alway cheap and clean but you'll get read the riot act for being loud in the hotel. There's actually one right on the doorstep of a club that has to refund half the people staying there because of their 'quiet night' policy. Not that I'm suggesting abusing this policy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dillane11

Thanks for the reply :) but we are actually looking for a hostel as opposed to a hotel.. The search continues :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

So was I for a load of Law students to London until I realised the Premier Inn was cheaper! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

dillane11 wrote: »
    Myself and 4/5 of my friends are planning a girly weekend in Liverpool.. Has anyone gone for a weekend that could reccommend a cheap place to stay which would be fairly central. We are looking for a hostel or somewhere like that. Cheap as possible as we are only just out of college.
    Also, can you tell us some good places to see/ things to do there?!:D

Been there 3 times. Twice in the express holiday inn on albert dock and once about 5 of us rented an apartment, which was by far the best option if that appeals. Sorry never stayed in a hostel!

But as for stuff to do, check out Liverpool One Shopping centre. It's pretty much in town and has lots of different shops on offer, it's really cool. As for other stuff, don't know whether you would have any interest in soccer, but Anfield is a cool stadium to visit even just for a stadium tour.

As for nights out, Concert Square and Matthew st. are the 2 main places to go. It's really cheap there pretty much everywhere. Pints are around £2 - £2.80, shots are very cheap too and there is always people around the streets giving out free drinks vouchers and promo etc.

O'Neills pub is a good meeting point when you just get there, little more expensive than other pubs but you can get food and that in there and apparently the scousers go there at the weekend to look for irish too ;)

Hope this helps!

So was I for a load of Law students to London until I realised the Premier Inn was cheaper! :eek:

Thats good to know thanks :)

• Advertisement

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Been there 3 times. Twice in the express holiday inn on albert dock and once about 5 of us rented an apartment, which was by far the best option if that appeals. Sorry never stayed in a hostel!

But as for stuff to do, check out Liverpool One Shopping centre. It's pretty much in town and has lots of different shops on offer, it's really cool. As for other stuff, don't know whether you would have any interest in soccer, but Anfield is a cool stadium to visit even just for a stadium tour.

As for nights out, Concert Square and Matthew st. are the 2 main places to go. It's really cheap there pretty much everywhere. Pints are around £2 - £2.80, shots are very cheap too and there is always people around the streets giving out free drinks vouchers and promo etc.

O'Neills pub is a good meeting point when you just get there, little more expensive than other pubs but you can get food and that in there and apparently the scousers go there at the weekend to look for irish too ;)

Hope this helps!

Thanks a million, thats a great help.. maybe an appartment might be the best option so as it looks like there will be 7/8 of us going now.. thanks :))

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

I was there for the May bank hol was great place for girly weekend.
    We stayed in Bridge Street @ Liverpool one right above urban outfitters in liverpool one shopping centre so your walking distance to everything (all shops, Matthew Street etc).
    Booked through this website
    http://www.servicedcitypads.com/Liverpool-Serviced-Apartments/
    It worked out thirty five pound per person per night I dunno if that's outside your budget though, they're savage
    Enjoy :-)

Advertisement