Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I ask Revenue for P60's for years 2008-2011?

Options
  • 14-05-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Can I go into the Revenue office and ask for P60's for years 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011? I lost a lot of important documents in a house fire, and now (sod's law) need these asap. I was working part-time for these years in different jobs, a couple of these are now no longer in business.

Is this the kind of information that Revenue could access for me easily enough?
    Sorry for what might be a dumb question - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Your employer issues P60s (and only if you are in employment on the 31st of December) not Revenue unless you sent Revenue the P60s and they have them on file you cannot get them from Revenue. Revenue receive your pay and tax details from your employers P35. Can you ask your employer to reissue the P60s? if not ask Revenue for a P21 balancing statements for the years you need this as close as you will get. The P21 will show your total pay and tax from all employments on record for the relevant tax year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Stewie_Griffin

Daxve wrote: »
    Your employer issues P60s (and only if you are in employment on the 31st of December) not Revenue unless you sent Revenue the P60s and they have them on file you cannot get them from Revenue. Revenue receive your pay and tax details from your employers P35. Can you ask your employer to reissue the P60s? if not ask Revenue for a P21 balancing statements for the years you need this as close as you will get. The P21 will show your total pay and tax from all employments on record for the relevant tax year.

Ah, ok - that's very useful! If I go into the Revenue office tomorrow, are P21's easily available? ie, if I ask for them nicely, will they be issued there and then?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

No they will be posted out to you they can't issue them from the office as they are printed and mailed centrally from another location. No need to go into the office just ring and ask them to issue the ones you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Stewie_Griffin

Daxve wrote: »
    No they will be posted out to you they can't issue them from the office as they are printed and mailed centrally from another location. No need to go into the office just ring and ask them to issue the ones you need.

Cheers - if I go in, is this at least info they can look up there, or would I have to wait for the P21?

Advertisement