Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol 159.9 Ashford Co Wicklow

Options
  • 14-05-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all topaz ashford is selling petrol for 159.9 this evening that 5 cent cheaper than other local garages i filled up anyway. They normally dearer than everyone else so could be a mistake so fill up quick!! was 168.9 over weekend.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If you brim a 60 litre tank, you're going to save 3 quid. Worth it if it's not busy, but if things start to get ridiculous it's just not worth the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Same price in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I noticed petrol dropped by about 4 cent over the weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

vickers209 wrote: »
    Hi all topaz ashford is selling petrol for 159.9 this evening that 5 cent cheaper than other local garages i filled up anyway. They normally dearer than everyone else so could be a mistake so fill up quick!! was 168.9 over weekend.

It's been this price in Limerick for the past 4/5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

It was 168.9 on saturday in that garage so b a nine cent drop seems alot to me. as i said may b a mistake so i said id let others know. according to pumps.ie the next cheapest garage in co wicklow is 164.9 Dublin cheapest is 161.9

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Petrol station near me dropped by 1 cent since yesterday. Hopefully it comes down more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭lau1247

maxol in longford is 153.9 if memory serves me right this morning when I went by

Edit: The price I mentioned was for diesel, I missed the thread title stating petrol.. my mistake.. but I think petrol is 156.9 at the same said station..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Anyone paying over 1.65/l aint looking around

Since Saturday on the South Link Road Cork

Petrol 1.59.9/l
    Diesel 1.52.9/l

Urlingford yesterday
    Petrol 161.9/l

Spotted garages with vastly inflated prices...........IGNORED them

Vote with your feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

The price reduction was flagged a week ago on www.pumps.ie should follw through to all stations in next couple of days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

sandin wrote: »
    The price reduction was flagged a week ago on www.pumps.ie should follw through to all stations in next couple of days.

All very fast to hike up the prices instantly,but all very SLOW to bring the prices BACK DOWN.:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

bogman wrote: »
    Anyone paying over 1.65/l aint looking around

Since Saturday on the South Link Road Cork

Petrol 1.59.9/l
    Diesel 1.52.9/l

Urlingford yesterday
    Petrol 161.9/l

Spotted garages with vastly inflated prices...........IGNORED them

Vote with your feet

Your one of those who drives around looking for cheap petrol arent you? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

paddy147 wrote: »
    All very fast to hike up the prices instantly,but all very SLOW to bring the prices BACK DOWN.:mad::mad:

Pumps.ie did a study over a year and found prices rose and fell within a similar timeframe based on movements in the world oil price. Data was from over 300 stations, do was very comprehensive.

However your own mind plays tricks with you - the brain remembers and notices negatives quicker than it notices positives. That's human nature

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

sandin wrote: »
    Pumps.ie did a study over a year and found prices rose and fell within a similar timeframe based on movements in the world oil price. Data was from over 300 stations, do was very comprehensive.

However your own mind plays tricks with you - the brain remembers and notices negatives quicker than it notices positives. That's human nature

My wallet notices it more.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Unfortunately, to get that petrol, you'll have to go through Ashford first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Prices in and around Galway City are, and always have been, suspiciously similiar. No more than a 2c difference mostly apart from the unbranded ones which should be steered well clear of for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Prices in and around Galway City are, and always have been, suspiciously similiar. No more than a 2c difference mostly apart from the unbranded ones which should be steered well clear of for obvious reasons.

you are safe enough with petrol, its only diesel that they mess about with

Still 159.9 as of 10.30 this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

green123 wrote: »
    you are safe enough with petrol, its only diesel that they mess about with

Oh really? :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77953418

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Etnies wrote: »
    Your one of those who drives around looking for cheap petrol arent you? :D

:eek:

No but I use the PUMPS.IE app on my mobile phone
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.pumps&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImllLnB1bXBzIl0.
    H6pTCoM_Gl-HXc02teZsWZSURmDqypFMrz-BoaaVgIEdiHfhq8HiPAuIAo6mvmhBwnXt=w124
    to see who charges what per liter, other than that I fill up when I see a petrol station that offers good value fuel :D

• Advertisement

HAD IDEA WOULDNT LAST. GONE BACK UP TO 164.9 TODAY :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

159.9 in Castlebridge Co.Wexford.

157.9 in Carlow town

Advertisement