Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP - MAME freezing issue

Options
  • 14-05-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭

I have a PSP (3003) with pro firmware ( pro b ver 6.35 ) lcfw ,

i have many other emulators running with no issues at all (daedalusx64 - capcom cps1 and neo geo ) but no matter how or what i try i can not get mame4all to run on my psp !!!!

i have been onto other PSP hack forums and cant see a answer that makes any sense to me

anyone got a DEFINITE answer ???

( Sorry MODS if in the wrong forum , please move accordingly )

please help - im close to hopping this off the wall - and it does not have to be mame4all - ill take ANY mame version working

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

The MAME emulator for psp is highly underdeveloped. I mean HIGHLY underdeveloped.

The best you could run is possibly space invaders or something. Try some of the more basic games like that.

I think I may have gotten some old roms working but gave up on it fairly quickly. Better off forgetting about it

A better alternative is the final burn alpha emulator. This can play high level arcade games (cave shooters!) and can even run cps3 roms (street fighter 3rd strike!).

Link here (but that may not be the latest version)

I think this FBA emu is the best (and most underrated) emulator on the psp, a definite must have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

animaX wrote: »
    The MAME emulator for psp is highly underdeveloped. I mean HIGHLY underdeveloped.

The best you could run is possibly space invaders or something. Try some of the more basic games like that.

I think I may have gotten some old roms working but gave up on it fairly quickly. Better off forgetting about it

funny - its the old games i want to play :-)
    it not that some roms wont work , its when you chose the game you want , it just freezes - cant get it to work at all , on other forums they have said they have gotten it working 100% but have tried doing what they suggest but no joy

hoping someone has a answer :D

Romsets is probably an issue too.

Roms from one source are not always the same as roms from another source. Have you tried different romsets? (i.e. different sources?)

A better alternative is the final burn alpha emulator. This can play high level arcade games (cave shooters!) and can even run cps3 roms (street fighter 3rd strike!).

Link here (but that may not be the latest version)

I think this FBA emu is the best (and most underrated) emulator on the psp, a definite must have

do you run this from windows or in the game folder in the psp , i have unpacked it into the game folder but not working

** have tried diff roms for mame but no joy **

dj jarvis wrote: »
    do you run this from windows or in the game folder in the psp , i have unpacked it into the game folder but not working

I run them from the game folder.

I'm not sure how pro-b works but in the M33 firmwares there were two game folders, one for 1.5 kernel homebrew and one for later firmwares. I reckon the MAME emu is a 1.5 kernel homebrew and maybe has not been updated for later kernels.

Does pro-b have an option to run homebrew in 1.5 kernel mode? See if theres an option like that. Alternatively, see if the MAME emu was re-written for higher kernels

Also, according to this youtube video, you need a romset compatible with MAME v0.34/0.36
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgPEhSXCtcA&feature=related

• Advertisement

I run them from the game folder.

I'm not sure how pro-b works but in the M33 firmwares there were two game folders, one for 1.5 kernel homebrew and one for later firmwares. I reckon the MAME emu is a 1.5 kernel homebrew and maybe has not been updated for later kernels.

Does pro-b have an option to run homebrew in 1.5 kernel mode? See if theres an option like that. Alternatively, see if the MAME emu was re-written for higher kernels

Also, according to this youtube video, you need a romset compatible with MAME v0.34/0.36
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgPEhSXCtcA&feature=related

ah great stuff , ill look into it and try - cheers for your help :D

Advertisement