Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 LED lantern in Aldi for €4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Seen these in the brochure - have you tried them out yet? Do they give off a decent amount of light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

cheap chinese crap that will be filling up your bin after a couple of uses....then filling up your local landfill...that's if it's not put on a boat for incineration in Germany first....before being conveniently diverted and dumped in an ocean near you...soon....then to be nibbled at by little fishies then bigger fishies and then those bigger fishes will be eaten by a big trout that you'll buy in your local tescos....op, your're gonna end up eating those lamps.:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Or breathing in the toxic fumes if they do make it to germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

cheap chinese crap that will be filling up your bin after a couple of uses....then filling up your local landfill...that's if it's not put on a boat for incineration in Germany first....before being conveniently diverted and dumped in an ocean near you...soon....then to be nibbled at by little fishies then bigger fishies and then those bigger fishes will be eaten by a big trout that you'll buy in your local tescos....op, your're gonna end up eating those lamps.:eek::eek:

Wow - I felt I was going around the world in 80 days for a moment there - so how are the lamps - have you actually tried them ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭jamesd

banchang wrote: »

Wow - I felt I was going around the world in 80 days for a moment there - so how are the lamps - have you actually tried them ??

Tried mine and the light is great from them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They do have a 3 year guarantee. Have you prior experience with this lamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

So how many will you be buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭CR 7

Bought 2 of them an hour ago. And they're still working!:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Bought 1 before (for the sake of it),light output was a tad brighter than a solar garden light at night time.

Wouldnt use it for an emergency though,would rather get something that will give propper bright light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

What size batteries does it take, OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭event

had one last year to go camping with, great wee job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Must get one as a standby, as i was recently trying to get a bulb for a torch, until i realised they're difficult to find! 4.8v
    as the 2.2v are most common i was told, at least the LED's last a lot longer

Advertisement