Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a backlog in invalidity pension applications ?

Options
  • 14-05-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Does anyone know if there is a backlog for processing claims for invalidity pensions at the moment ?
    Got a text two weeks ago to say the application has been received and that it was being dealt with, but have not heard back yet
    Is there a backlog at the moment ?
    I am worried as my ilness benefit will stop mid June and I will be left with no money at all, what then ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

they are currently working on applications from claimants whose Illness Benefit is running out this week. so if yours is not running out until June, and they manage to not get bogged down in applications, you should hear sometime in June. but nothing is for certain, they are keeping on top of it, almost, at the moment but that may not last. If you run out of IB and still have not heard, you can pop down and see your CWO for some help while your waiting. But that has conditions as well. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Kalishoek

Still have not heard anything not even a letter ,my GP did not receive anything either , waiting 6 weeks now, applied 1 May it is now 14 June, my illness benefit has ended :(

Advertisement