Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein 3D turns 20

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Great news it is too, I remember playing it on an old PC, 286, back in the day, good times!
    More impressive was the quick evolution from Wolfenstein to Doom and then to proper 3D environments, we were riding a wave back then.

Cyber Hitler for the Win!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Meine Liebe!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

30 Jahre alt und es wahrscheinlich noch mehr Spaß als die meisten modernen Ego-Shootern

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

By the way, I absolutely love that FPS games in German are called 'Ego-Shootern'. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

*Chaingun*
    *Smiley Face*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Loved the game when younger. Picked up the first two and return to... on steam for under €4.
    Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I remember the first time I played this was in a computer shop near XL Bowl in Palmerstown on an old 286, I was about 9 and couldn't figure out how to get out of the 1st cell in E1M1.

Fast forward 3 years and I would happily spend an entire weekend trying to create my own map for Doom.

Now I have both of them on my phone!

Nuts when you think about it.

Advertisement