Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to cover dental treatment costs

Options
  • 14-05-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,

I would need some work on my teeth and I'm wondering what would be the best way to get it done here in Ireland.

Paying cash is an option, but it would take a long time to save for the whole treatment.

How does it work through an insurance company? Or, is there any installments based financial service?

Any advice on what's the best way to go about this?

Many thanks,
    J

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op, some dentists may offer an instalment plan if the treatment is long i.e. braces.

but generally short treatments you wont be an instalment plan.

Do you know what work you need?

Also generally dental insurance in Ireland is pretty poor and in a lot of cases only covers emergencies (i'm not familiar with every plan though)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

Credit union loan...have a written estimate/quotation from dentist.
    Loan from family member.
    Most insurance policies require you to wait 6-12months before making a claim, and with decay, waiting that long may tip the balance between a moderate-deep filling, and decay reaching the nerve of the tooth->root canal treatment or extraction.
    Remember to prioritise- health first (treat decay, stabilise any gum disease).
    Best of luck.

Advertisement