Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball in Swords for the summer months

Options
  • 14-05-2012 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in playing one or two evenings a week on one of the outdoor courts in Swords once the weather picks up a bit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

I'd be up for it, 2 nights a week would suit me.. Where a bouts are you thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tsuzmir

I'm in. Defo for 1 evening, maybe 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

Sign me up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

where are the outdoor courts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

peteb2 wrote: »
    where are the outdoor courts?
    There is one beside the skate park and one at the back of Applewood

• Advertisement

Yes but they are both terrible courts that are wide open to the wind. But i guess beggars can't be choosers so is this happening or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

id be up for it too, thought the court behind applewood didnt have a proper surface?

SoundWave wrote: »
    id be up for it too, thought the court behind applewood didnt have a proper surface?

Yeah the one behind applewood is an all weather soccer pitch so zero use for basketball as theres no grip. Plus the cross bar for the goals is directly below the ring so if you went for a layup you cream yourself on it.

People in Ireland really dont know how to design an out door court (and yes i'm Irish :D)

Any update on this?

Xrox wrote: »
    Yeah the one behind applewood is an all weather soccer pitch so zero use for basketball as theres no grip. Plus the cross bar for the goals is directly below the ring so if you went for a layup you cream yourself on it.

People in Ireland really dont know how to design an out door court (and yes i'm Irish :D)

Sure have you seen the one in Northside, just at the back of Beaumont hospital? It's on grass :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement