Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fas interview

Options
  • 13-05-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum but I have an interview with Fas 'In accordance with the national action plan for Employment'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭daisydood

Hi manda. I too got a letter Feb 2011 saying i had to go to a FAS INTERVIEW. I went and basically all it was (for me anyway) was they took details of courses/qualifications you have. They also take note of interests you have ie: childcare, hairdressing etc. They will go through courses they have available and give you dates etc.

I was pregnant at the time, and due in april so it was obvious i would not be able to start a course. However they put my name down for a career planning course, which last 3 weeks. They are always full so by my own assumptions people that are given an interview that say they don't know what they want are just enrolled for this course. Its only a 3 week course and there is a childcare allowance provided.

that's my experience anyway and i have not got any more interviews since, although i am on one parent family so maybe that's why!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Manda76

daisydood wrote: »
    Hi manda. I too got a letter Feb 2011 saying i had to go to a FAS INTERVIEW. I went and basically all it was (for me anyway) was they took details of courses/qualifications you have. They also take note of interests you have ie: childcare, hairdressing etc. They will go through courses they have available and give you dates etc.

I was pregnant at the time, and due in april so it was obvious i would not be able to start a course. However they put my name down for a career planning course, which last 3 weeks. They are always full so by my own assumptions people that are given an interview that say they don't know what they want are just enrolled for this course. Its only a 3 week course and there is a childcare allowance provided.

that's my experience anyway and i have not got any more interviews since, although i am on one parent family so maybe that's why!
    I'm more worried now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

How did you get on with the interview Manda? I've one scheduled soon and unsure what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

I went for one back in feb as well, again it was just them discussing what options are available to you, what to expect in an interview, preparing your cv etc, found it helpful , in saying that its now near the end of june and have heard nothing since, i was preg going for this interview which didnt/doesnt matter they discuss interview options even when you are pregnant as in if a company likes you they will bare you in mind for future jobs etc, or they may offer the "alternative person" short term employment with a view to giving you the job there after, now obviously thats in some cases not all but he was basically getting across to me that being pregnant doesnt matter to a potential employer which was my worry...

Advertisement