Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could this be pregnancy??

Options
  • 13-05-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi, about 2 an half weeks ago I went doc and did a test for kidney infection and pregnancy as i wasn't feeling well i was exhausted, peeing alot and felt sick as a dog. both tests came back grand. so then 2 days later I start getting brown discharge and then brown blood and then that night it turned red and lasted about 3-4 days also bad back pain and sore breasts. If that was period I wasn't due till the 3rd and that happened 5 days before hand.

So I was still worried but tried not to think about it but still felt like crap and the back pain eased and breasts weren't sore anymore. Back still a bit sore now and. and still now I have been feeling sick through the day, tired, getting pains in my lower left hand side, clear sticky discharge and peeing alot and alot more at night and feeling very full after a small meal or any type food.
    could these be signs of pregnancy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

The symptoms are similar to that of pregnancy.

Have you tried a another pregnancy test?

They also could be stress or an infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭nessy382

stickybean wrote: »
    The symptoms are similar to that of pregnancy.

Have you tried a another pregnancy test?

They also could be stress or an infection.

Hi sticky bean,
    no haven tried another one yet. Think i'l have to go back doctor first and maybe she can do another one as it was probably to early the last time.
    Did u ever have pain in your left side?

I would pick one up in the chemist if I was you.

Pain to one side is often ovulation pain, but can be implantation.

Do you monitor your cycles? So would you know when you ovulated? And when you last had sex?

Working these dates out will give you a better idea. Good luck x

I would pick one up in the chemist if I was you.

Pain to one side is often ovulation pain, but can be implantation.

Do you monitor your cycles? So would you know when you ovulated? And when you last had sex?

Working these dates out will give you a better idea. Good luck x

ok thats what I will do in morning. whens best time to do it?

yes i monitior them hun i have a menstrual calender on my phone and put down what dates im due and the date they go and it tells me when im ovulating and theres nothing showing me that I am ovualting and wont be for a few days. I was due my period the and all the brown discharge an brown and red blood started 5 days before due and lasted 4 days. the morning it started I got brown discharge, brown blood during day and then red for 3 days.

I last had sex about 5 weeks ago and thats the only thing that happened 5 days before due date.

very confused. I ate a few chips there and i feel stuffed an hadnt eating since earlier today and my stomach is after getting a bit bigger than usual an before that happened i lost a bit weight rapidly.

It's best to use the test first thing in the morning with the first urine of the day (this is when the chemical HCG is least diluted), so if you buy a test today might be best to wait till the morning to test.

If you had unprotected sex just before ovulation (sperm can survive inside you for 72 hours) then there is a chance, but the dates you have given seem a little bit of, but people's cycle do vary.

Also sometimes your periods can be light which may indeed be the bleeding you had a few days ago - or could be implantation bleeding (this is where the fertilized egg attaches itself to the womb lining (not everyone gets this though)).

If you get a negative I would suggest going back to your GP and get their advice. Best of luck, I hope you get the answer you want x

• Advertisement

It's best to use the test first thing in the morning with the first urine of the day (this is when the chemical HCG is least diluted), so if you buy a test today might be best to wait till the morning to test.

If you had unprotected sex just before ovulation (sperm can survive inside you for 72 hours) then there is a chance, but the dates you have given seem a little bit of, but people's cycle do vary.

Also sometimes your periods can be light which may indeed be the bleeding you had a few days ago - or could be implantation bleeding (this is where the fertilized egg attaches itself to the womb lining (not everyone gets this though)).

If you get a negative I would suggest going back to your GP and get their advice. Best of luck, I hope you get the answer you want x

can you get stuffed half way through a meal if pregant and havent eating much at all that day. its happening quite alot also and even earlier i ran a bit up the road and got a very sore pain in the bottom end of my stomach and pain in my sides but it then went away. Im ringin doctor in morning to make an appointment as I have bad headaches also since last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Do another test, the doctors tests aren't very sensitive at early stages so a branded product such as First Response or Clear Blue Digital is best. Test with the first morning urine.

I wouldn't rely on a phone app to tell you when you are ovulating. Everyone ovulates at different stages of their cycle, the only way to know when you are ovulating is to use ovulation tester kits (and even then, they can be a bit fiddly).

January wrote: »
    Do another test, the doctors tests aren't very sensitive at early stages so a branded product such as First Response or Clear Blue Digital is best. Test with the first morning urine.

I wouldn't rely on a phone app to tell you when you are ovulating. Everyone ovulates at different stages of their cycle, the only way to know when you are ovulating is to use ovulation tester kits (and even then, they can be a bit fiddly).

Thats what im going do because last few days i started getting clear sticky discharge then a creamy colour then a milky colour and now today i have a yellow colour and i looked it up on net and most people say that happens during pregnancy. so i'l just have to do another test and see and if that comes up negative il go to doctor and explain my symptoms. thanks January.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

The cervical mucus you describe can also be standard for a monthly cycle during ovulation.

You really need to go see your doctor & explain your symptoms, they could relate to any number of things...not just pregnancy.

Get it properly checked out & best of luck!

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    The cervical mucus you describe can also be standard for a monthly cycle during ovulation.

You really need to go see your doctor & explain your symptoms, they could relate to any number of things...not just pregnancy.

Get it properly checked out & best of luck!

Hi :) iv looked up most of my symptoms and that's whats coming up but i'm still going to go doctor and find out and explain whats wrong. i'm feeling not myself last 2-3 weeks.

I also had a look at the likes of yeast infections and stuff and the symptoms for the likes of infections like that does not match mine at all.

what kind of things would all that relate to as the internet is not telling me much.?

help greatly appreciated. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

As the forum mods would tell you this site is not for giving out medical advice.

It's now two days since you posted originally so go see your doctor & describe your symptoms along with what's been going on for you & I'm sure they will be able to advise you :)

If you are pregnant then you will find a thread for your due month on here & you will be able to discuss your week to week or day to day symptoms with other women who are at the same point of pregnancy as yourself.

Advertisement