Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan MPG

Options
  • 13-05-2012 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi im just back from a weekend in the campervan (2.0 petrol Talbot Express) and I calculated the MPG for the trip and its doing 21mpg
    (80-85 kph Dublin to Carrick on Shannon to Dublin ) Is this good or bad?
    And also what does your campervan / motorhome achieve?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Ildere

Getting 29mpg from a Renault 2.5. Could get a few more But also a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Luton, 4 berth, 1.9td anything from 19 to 29mpg....

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/650ginge/ducato

There are ways to improve MPG on motorways anyway, get in behind a truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

'86 Bedford Romahome, 970cc Petrol.
    32mpg usual top speed 80-85kpm.

(But most of the time slower!):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Was getting in or around 20mpg on the old Merc 310d, now getting around 35mpg in the VW T4 2.4D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

it's directly proportional to my right foot!

At 100k I get around high 20's maybe 30
    at 120k I get around 20

Fiat Ducato 2.5 Hymer 6 berth with overhead bed (aerodynamics of a brick)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

best I've seen was high 30s from a 2.2 Adria Van Twin . normally 30ish from a lo-profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Toyota Hiace High top, 2.8 no turbo, automatic with 4WD chassis, keep it to 100 I get 22 ish any faster and it drinks it. Max is 500km out of a 55 ltr tank have gotten as low as 390 but then I’d have driven fast with freewheel hubs locked but still in 2WD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Thanks everyone for the input - mine seems to be a just a bit below average so its not too bad ... I'll try do an economic drive next time and see what happens and post it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭kilk

Any idea what I could expect from a merc sprinter conversion with 2.1 cdi engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

kilk wrote: »
    Any idea what I could expect from a merc sprinter conversion with 2.1 cdi engine?

Assuming its six speed my dad got 37 from xxlwb one from Tipperary to London and back. With lots of start stopping and driving over 70 you won't see anywhere near that thought

• Advertisement
Advertisement