Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you get many negavites?

Options
  • 13-05-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi girlies,

Just a quick question please, did you get many negatives before you BIG positive? And roughly when did you get your big positive?

Thanks xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I didn't get negatives as such as just faint lines. But 3,
    then my big positive i think 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

3 negatives, all first response. One was a week after my period was due, second two were about 3 days later. Finally got a positive just over 2 weeks after my due date using a clear blue digital one. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I did an "early" First Response about 2 days before my period was due and it was a clear negative..

Took a Clear Blue the day after it was due and got a very definite positive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

oh my goodness I'm really surprised! so far I've only ever done pregnancy tests while hoping for a negative, but I trusted them so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

dearg lady wrote: »
    oh my goodness I'm really surprised! so far I've only ever done pregnancy tests while hoping for a negative, but I trusted them so much!

It's not that they can't be trusted as such but the pregnancy hormone can increase so rapidly that you can test negative in the morning & positive in the evening...you were always pregnant but your body hadn't produced enough hormones for the test to read :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Didn't get any negatives while pregnant, did a test with an internet cheapy & got a faint second line 3 days before my period was due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thanks girls - my AF is due today / tmr - I have a 29-31 day cycle.

Foolishly I let myself get very excited this month - we got a positive OPK and did the deed every second day and once extra for luck around the O day.

I have had the strongest symptoms ever this month - absolutely exhausted (going to bed at nine very night), pains and cramps below my belly button since 4 days after ovulation, my boobies are so sore and the last couple of days very swollen - and I am an emotional wreck, flying from heats of anger to crying tears to extremely happy. This can happen anytime.

Anyway caved this morning and did a test, got a big negative. I know I should have waited, but feel so gutted right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Aw stickybean, you poor thing!

I only tested before AF was due once when we were trying, and I learned my lesson and never did it again. After that we decided not to test unless/until AF was late by more than 3 days and to assume not pregnant until we got that second line. Less stressful that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Sorry to hear that Stickybean x

Advertisement