Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10'' Pizza €3 all day

Options
  • 13-05-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Thought this deserved its own thread, poster on the window of The Golden Pizza on MillRd, Weds the 16th of May:

10'' Pizza only €3 all day!!

Thats the dinner sorted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Too many bad experiences with that place to give it another chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

CptSternn wrote: »
    Too many bad experiences with that place to give it another chance.

It is not enough to just say that and not go in to detail as this is someone's business you are talking about. The thread has 99 views and you may have cost them 99 potential customers with your throw away statement.

You on the other hand may be saving 99 people a bit of hassle.

A bit of balance please.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I have to say Ive never had a problem with them except one time they forgot my curry sauce, but all will be forgiven on Weds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I have never had an issue with them, I think they are nicest in town to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

They have a branch in Sixmilebridge, any idea if they are doing the deal out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

It is not enough to just say that and not go in to detail as this is someone's business you are talking about. The thread has 99 views and you may have cost them 99 potential customers with your throw away statement.

You on the other hand may be saving 99 people a bit of hassle.

A bit of balance please.

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/golden-pizza-ennis

If you want more detail it's like this -

My family and I ordered pizza, a snackbox, and a can of coke from there one night.

They were busy and it took them almost and hour and a half for the food to arrive. When it arrived they had a two litre bottle of coke with the order. The two litre was wrong, and I pointed this out but the driver said either I take all the items and pay for it, or I take none and they take it back and cancel the order. After waiting so long I decided I could deal with a two litre of coke we didn't want if it meant getting to eat dinner as we were hungry by this point. We took the food inside after paying for it and did not notice the other problems until we opened up the bags and boxes in the kitchen.

They brought us the wrong pizza. They also brought just a chicken breast, no chips in the box, and the already mentioned two litre of coke.

I rang them back and told them about the error and they said they would send out the correct items right away. About another 45 minutes later the driver is there again and has another two litre of coke, a order of chips, and the pizza with the proper toppings. I then tried to give him the incorrect order which we did not touch and he explained to me they could not take back food once delivered, and I would need to pay for the items he had with him, another like €20.

I of course protested and said these were the wrong items and he had the correction. He told me either give him the money or I don't get any of the things he had with him. I rang the shop and again explained to the same person I spoke with when I placed the corrections what was happening and he told me the same thing, they don't take back items, so I have to pay for them, and I would have to pay for all the items being delivered, even though on the second time they were still WRONG as I did not want another 2 litre of coke, didn't want the first one, and I had already paid for a snackbox which came with no chips and the chips had already been paid for, plus the pizza originally sent had the wrong toppings. He told me I must be mistaken, that he was looking at the original order receipt taken by some person who worked there and it matched what I had gotten. I again protested and said they must have gotten it wrong.

After ten minutes of back and forth they finally said look, either pay the driver for the second order including the second two litre you don't want and pay for the chips and everything else or he is going to take it back.

I let him take it back and haven't ever ordered there since.

No customer service skills. Some eejit who can't speak English butchers my order and they then try and charge me twice to get what I originally ordered and leave me with an incorrect order they refuse to fix.

Hence, why I will never order from there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

CptSternn wrote: »
    http://www.yelp.ie/biz/golden-pizza-ennis

If you want more detail it's like this -

My family and I ordered pizza, a snackbox, and a can of coke from there one night.

They were busy and it took them almost and hour and a half for the food to arrive. When it arrived they had a two litre bottle of coke with the order. The two litre was wrong, and I pointed this out but the driver said either I take all the items and pay for it, or I take none and they take it back and cancel the order. After waiting so long I decided I could deal with a two litre of coke we didn't want if it meant getting to eat dinner as we were hungry by this point. We took the food inside after paying for it and did not notice the other problems until we opened up the bags and boxes in the kitchen.

They brought us the wrong pizza. They also brought just a chicken breast, no chips in the box, and the already mentioned two litre of coke.

I rang them back and told them about the error and they said they would send out the correct items right away. About another 45 minutes later the driver is there again and has another two litre of coke, a order of chips, and the pizza with the proper toppings. I then tried to give him the incorrect order which we did not touch and he explained to me they could not take back food once delivered, and I would need to pay for the items he had with him, another like €20.

I of course protested and said these were the wrong items and he had the correction. He told me either give him the money or I don't get any of the things he had with him. I rang the shop and again explained to the same person I spoke with when I placed the corrections what was happening and he told me the same thing, they don't take back items, so I have to pay for them, and I would have to pay for all the items being delivered, even though on the second time they were still WRONG as I did not want another 2 litre of coke, didn't want the first one, and I had already paid for a snackbox which came with no chips and the chips had already been paid for, plus the pizza originally sent had the wrong toppings. He told me I must be mistaken, that he was looking at the original order receipt taken by some person who worked there and it matched what I had gotten. I again protested and said they must have gotten it wrong.

After ten minutes of back and forth they finally said look, either pay the driver for the second order including the second two litre you don't want and pay for the chips and everything else or he is going to take it back.

I let him take it back and haven't ever ordered there since.

No customer service skills. Some eejit who can't speak English butchers my order and they then try and charge me twice to get what I originally ordered and leave me with an incorrect order they refuse to fix.

Hence, why I will never order from there again.

That is very bad in fairness, trying to charge you twice like that!

Advertisement