Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBB Rifle Lubricant

Options
  • 13-05-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Does anyone know whats the best lubricant for gbb rifles. I've bought a brand new Marushin M2 Carbine and the Bolt action is a bit sticky. I've only found pistol gbb lubricant reviews. The rifle seem like a much tighter squeeze.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

punchit92 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Does anyone know whats the best lubricant for gbb rifles. I've bought a brand new Marushin M2 Carbine and the Bolt action is a bit sticky. I've only found pistol gbb lubricant reviews. The rifle seem like a much tighter squeeze.
    Thanks

I'd have thought silicone oil is still your best bet - otherwise you risk fecking up you mag seals and hopup rubbers. I'm sure there's higher viscosity versions than the normal one airsofters tend to use, but I havent used any myself.
    I have some gun oil for my Real Sword guns but it's really only used on the externals. This is the exact stuff - I'm sure it would play havok with rubber...
    http://www.avalon-guns.com/avalon/info_95515.html

Might be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

All you're looking for is a plastic/rubber friendly oil, that is viscous enough so that you're not having to reapply every magazine put through the gun.

Silicone oil is fine, but not very long lasting. Silicone grease on the other hand is far more effective for high traffic parts. All you have to do is strip the gun down, and apply the grease generously to the high traffic areas, and reassemble.

Remember that any smaller moving parts should be oiled with low viscosity oil in order to decrease the resistance on the parts i.e. avoid using Lidl silicone oil on striker valves...it causes them to stick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Inari wrote: »
    All you're looking for is a plastic/rubber friendly oil, that is viscous enough so that you're not having to reapply every magazine put through the gun.

Silicone oil is fine, but not very long lasting. Silicone grease on the other hand is far more effective for high traffic parts. All you have to do is strip the gun down, and apply the grease generously to the high traffic areas, and reassemble.

Remember that any smaller moving parts should be oiled with low viscosity oil in order to decrease the resistance on the parts i.e. avoid using Lidl silicone oil on striker valves...it causes them to stick :P

Inari is spot on, I use grease where I need longer lasting lubrication and oil on the other parts. Just be careful to not get any near the hop or youll render it pretty useless for a few hundred rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭punchit92

Thanks guys. I'm going to get some silicone grease. The spray gets everywhere and doesnt last on the slide action

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Out of stock with this crowd but I love this stuff :http://airsoftguns.ie/maintenance-tools/920-abbey-silcone-air-gun-grease-20m.html

I use the grease all the time in my airsoft guns and such a small pot lasts ages.
    I've even used it on my real steel shotgun that I use for clay pigeon shooting
    where breaking the gun was much too stiff and the grease worked out better
    than any gun oil, or vasoline that some shooters used.

~B

• Advertisement
Advertisement