Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Dublin...

Options
  • 13-05-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey! I've just moved over to Dublin from the UK, I'm looking to find a decent club that plays trance / hardhouse / techno / electro. I've been to the twisted pepper already that was ace are there any other similar places?! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Harric88 wrote: »
    Hey! I've just moved over to Dublin from the UK, I'm looking to find a decent club that plays trance / hardhouse / techno / electro. I've been to the twisted pepper already that was ace are there any other similar places?! Thanks :)

In my opinion, no. Dublin is full of commercial clubs that appeal directly to the student market and have no interest in niche nights. And niche is the wrong word really as its mainstream in most other countries. Very few niche clubs playing decent music. Granted there are indie, hip hop etc nights within those commercial line ups but they are very hit and miss. One week could be amazing, the next a complete wash out.

For the more 'extreme' end of the market such as trance, hard house and tech nom (aka Techno. Damn autocorrect!) I've never heard of a consistently decent night. Open to correction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ironclaw wrote: »
    tech nom

Is that tasty techno?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Best bet is to keep an eye on the clubbing section here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=824

A few venues have closed down in recent months but it seems there are other places picking up the slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Over here, trance and hardhouse events are very very very sketchy places. In fact a very famous dublin criminal was regularly djing on that scene.

The Twisted Pepper is miles ahead of anywhere else in Dublin at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

jtsuited wrote: »
    Over here, trance and hardhouse events are very very very sketchy places. In fact a very famous dublin criminal was regularly djing on that scene.

I agree with this, but if you decide to go to a hard house or trance gig, and keep to yourself you wont get any hassle. Not really my scene either of those two genres/scenes, but i have been to a good few with mates, and have never had any trouble. That said, i know people who have gotten into bother at them, and there are loads (and i mean loads) of chavs at these gigs looking for trouble, so if you do decide to go to any of them, don't act the shíte ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

In my opinion, no. Dublin is full of commercial clubs that appeal directly to the student market and have no interest in niche nights. And niche is the wrong word really as its mainstream in most other countries. Very few niche clubs playing decent music. Granted there are indie, hip hop etc nights within those commercial line ups but they are very hit and miss. One week could be amazing, the next a complete wash out.

For the more 'extreme' end of the market such as trance, hard house and tech nom (aka Techno. Damn autocorrect!) I've never heard of a consistently decent night. Open to correction!

Trance and Hard House scenes died years ago. Plenty of quality Techno around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Media999

jtsuited wrote: »

What criminal was that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Media999 wrote: »
    What criminal was that now?

The General...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Other places doing decent stuff, although check the listings because it's not consistant:

Kennedy's
    The Button Factory
    Grand Social
    The Lost Society
    Pygmalion
    The Academy
    King 7

Probably missing a few places...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Trance and Hard House scenes died years ago. Plenty of quality Techno around though.
    Trance scene died years ago?You must be well out of touch with it so, ireland has been getting decent trance international djs over every few weeks this year,primarily in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

Other places doing decent stuff, although check the listings because it's not consistant:

Kennedy's
    The Button Factory
    Grand Social
    The Lost Society
    Pygmalion
    The Academy
    King 7

Probably missing a few places...

Listen to this man! Also the breakfast club in the dark horse in is the best party in Dublin. Wouldnt really play the genres your interested in but a good party is a good party. Also agree with what everyone is saying about the hardhouse/trance parties. Always attracts a dodgy crowd.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/113619285440754/130876597048356/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

• Registered Users Posts: 29 djgarvey123

The kithcen in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 djgarvey123

..Oh and the button factory usually has some good electronic nights.

Advertisement