Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Maths

Options
  • 13-05-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So summer is approaching, it's time for me to settle and head down for the rest of the 56 weeks.

I am struggling with Leaving cert Maths. I have a great teacher... he's a genius at maths, but it's not an easy job to understand him completely.

How would you tackle LC maths if you're wishing to do well in it.
    I'm aiming for at least an B1 but if I could do better, then that's great. So for you guys who had experience in it or are experiencing it at the moment, what do you reckon to do to do well in maths?

Please help me out, thank you so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

for paper 1, just repetition and cover as many problem types as you can by doing past papers until the cows come home. practise doing questions fast, but without making silly mistakes. Being fast on easy questions gives you more time to work on the harder ones, and if you can fit an extra question in all the better.

Can't help with project maths since it is after my time. Also remember a b1 in hons maths is equivalent to an A1 in other subjects so a B1 in hons maths is still a great result!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

hollingr wrote: »
    for paper 1, just repetition and cover as many problem types as you can by doing past papers until the cows come home. practise doing questions fast, but without making silly mistakes. Being fast on easy questions gives you more time to work on the harder ones, and if you can fit an extra question in all the better.

Can't help with project maths since it is after my time. Also remember a b1 in hons maths is equivalent to an A1 in other subjects so a B1 in hons maths is still a great result!

His/Her Paper 1 will be Project Maths also so Past Papers unfortunately probably won't do much good "/

Oh. I thought it was only paper 2 was project maths this year?? :confused:

Also being a genius at maths doesn't make you good at explaining it to other people KR, sometimes it's easier to get things explained from someone who also struggles on that topic but finally found their way through

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

hollingr wrote: »
    Oh. I thought it was only paper 2 was project maths this year?? :confused:

Also being a genius at maths doesn't make you good at explaining it to other people KR, sometimes it's easier to get things explained from someone who also struggles on that topic but finally found their way through

Tis this year but the OP seems to be preparing for the 2013 paper. Paper 1'll be changed next year as far as I know

aye, your right there. Thought the post meant head down for next 5-6 weeks, as in leading into the l.c!

If you're not on until next year, just identify your weak/strong points before you get to far in next yr and work hardest at your weak questions to get yourself up to A standard

• Advertisement
Advertisement