Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1991 SIERRA VAN NO.2 !!!!!!!!!!! another one .....

Options
  • 13-05-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

well lads here is one for the books ,
    i got a call from a man in roscommon last week saying he knew the whereabouts of another sierra van !!!
    took a chance yesterday and went down for a look and ended up buying , its in better shape than the white one and i actually had it running very quick despite it being parked up for over ten years !
    the fun stated when we tried to extract it from its resting place , took about four hours enlisting the help of a chainsaw , sledge , pickaxe and numerous garden implements ,

oh and a very tasty bit if off road driving by declan rafter ( blackmagic) in his trusty landcruiser ,
    demolishion and road building complete we finally faced her for the road and got her loaded on to declans trailer ,
    she is now home and awaiting a good cleaning to see the extent of the restoration that awaits ,
    as you will see in the pictures a dog took a liking to the interior and its fooked but i bought a donor car yesterday aswell with a good interior so we should be alright ,
    a huge thankyou to padraig noonan ( the frog ) from roscommon for helping me source the van and also to declan and jonny nitro for thier help in getting it home here area few pictures .

newsierravanandathlonerun059.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun060.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun061.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun062.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun063.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun065.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun066.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun067.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun068.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun069.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun070.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun071.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun072.jpg
    newsierravanandathlonerun073.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Nice, can you save those rear stickers or get them reproduced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

good to see another one saved !!!

well ware :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Well, there's a right man for everything, and you seem to be the right man for those vans.

Interesting to see how the paint has faded on that, the two rear quarter panels look like they have been painted at some stage.

How many vans did you say there was in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Farmer ,
    "" glad to see deh back oh that yoke, sure the sate had the arse cuh off me."

regards,Rugbyman

I never get tired of threads about old cars being pulled out of ditches,fields,sheds.

Advertisement