Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanaras precision barrels

Options
  • 13-05-2012 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these barrels and if so how good/bad are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Vanaras are a grand barrel, and are available in a lot of the awkward sizes for considerably less than their competition. Fit and finish are on par with Madbull Black Python, and your range and consistency will see some improvement over stock 6.08mm.

It is the little things that impress me though. Their packaging is excellent! It arrives in a pyramidal container (think micro toblerone) which means the barrel cannot be deformed in transit :)

In general it is a case of a grand barrel, but not quite first choice. I would not be unhappy using them, but I prefer other barrels

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

have to agree, good quality for a great price you can get better but you will pay a lot more, the price v quality ratio on them is very high

i've picked up a fair few in the last few years especially their psg and psg-1 barrels, nice that they are also compatible with m1 hop up as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭moggser

my experience of them is bad i had three of them thinking they are the cheapest option for a TB and that it was a cheap mistake..

they are fine at the start couple o 100 rds are fine but mine were kinked on the inside some how which stripped a layer of plastic from the bb as they passed through the barrel gradually blocking the barrel making the bb's flight look like there was a bend in it or something

on closer inspection i could see all the residue on the inside and rolling one bb down there it would get stuck half way down

dont let that put you off i might of got bad one...or three in my case

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Cheers for the replies, I think I'll purchase one seeing as they're so cheap and see how I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

moggser wrote: »
    dont let that put you off i might of got bad one...or three in my case

That's the problem with cheap items - you can have very good batches, but you can also be plagued by extraordinarily bad batches. I haven't personally had any problems with them, but it's bound to happen.

The thing about Tightbore Barrels is that you're looking for quality, and the easiest way to ensure quality is with reputation - the more expensive brands tend to carry a premium price tag because their reputation is so overwhelming. Let's not forgot that the Madbull Black Python V2's that everyone knows and loves are a budget barrel - brands like Prometheus, Laylax, PDI etc tend to be €60+

I was impressed with Vanaras, but as I said they would not be my first choice. The thing about them is that they are cheap enough to warrant giving a go, so you can't really argue with 'em in that regard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement