Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pregnancy separation anxiety

Options
  • 12-05-2012 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

I gave birth this afternoon to a lovely baby boy, it's my first and I can't believe he is here. We are at home and he's as happy as larry here in bed with us but I'm having these crazy mini panic attacks, I was anxious if he was ok and have been looking at him all evening like a crazy woman, then I'm scared he came out too soon and he would be safer back in the womb, then I get sad because I miss being pregnant and feeling him kick and bring him everywhere.... Anyone else on this rollercoaster?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Huge congratulations on the little fella :D I was following one of your earlier posts. Must be lovely to have been at home in the peace and quiet, I had my little girl Jan 13th and seemed to be in hospital for ever, and it was basically like tripping balls in a busy train station!
    Yep, I had those exact same emotions and anxieties, and many more :) but those first few days were magical even with the random tears and constantly checking she was breathing, wishing I could put her back in my womb from time to time for safety, missing being pregnant. Still hate even being in a different room for a few minutes :) I was even in bits when she grew out of her first newborn babygrows after the first couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I was the same. all over the place after ds was born. Crying at the drop of a hat...especially if someone was nice to me!! Baby blues....well it was for me anyway. I don't think.people talk about it enough because you think you're supposed to be on a high after baby is born and when you're feeling up one minute and down the next you think you're the odd one out! It took about 2 weeks for me before i felt the cloud lift. I was worrying about baby and the fact that it was no longer just dh and I. Dh went out for a drink when ds was about 10 days old and I cried and cried before he left!! He kept saying je'd stay and through the tears I told him to go.....he came home an hour later!!! It's a crazy hormonal time but just know you're not alone feeling like this, even if it feels like it. Post here again if u need a chat. DH was great but i used to see the worry in his face and that made me worse!!! Funny now....not funny when I was in the middle of it. Due no.2 in sept and I'm worrying already about the post natal blues!!! Try and enjoy this time and have a glass of wine and some chocolates to relax!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

sure your hormones are still all over the place so anything is normal, that said if you suspect pnd after a couple of weeks talk to your gp. its such a wonderful time and being a mother is so instinctive so just enjoy it and be confident that you know whats best for your little man. as for missing the pg, sure there's plenty more time for that;)

Advertisement