Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I have heard by now if I have a place?

Options
  • 11-05-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Hello

I received an offer from DCU this morning which is great, but there are several universities including UCD and DIT I have not yet heard back from at all.

Should I have heard by now, or is there still time to hear?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

dusf wrote: »
    Hello

I received an offer from DCU this morning which is great, but there are several universities including UCD and DIT I have not yet heard back from at all.

Should I have heard by now, or is there still time to hear?

Still time, I haven't even done my interview @ DIT yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭runswithascript

IPAM wrote: »

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't received an invite for my interview to DIT for all 3 courses I applied for?

My choices were as follows:

1. TCD - rejected on the basis I'm missing a cert.
    2. UCD - not heard from.
    3. DCU - offered.
    4. NUIM - cancelled my interview interview.
    5. DIT - not heard from.
    6. DIT - not heard from.
    7. DIT - not heard from.

Maybe I should get onto DIT on Monday just to make sure everything's alright.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't received an invite for my interview to DIT for all 3 courses I applied for?

My choices were as follows:

1. TCD - rejected on the basis I'm missing a cert.
    2. UCD - not heard from.
    3. DCU - offered post interview.
    4. NUIM - cancelled my interview.
    5. DIT - not heard from.
    6. DIT - not heard from.
    7. DIT - not heard from.

When did you hear from dit? Maybe I should get onto them and UCD on Monday just to make sure every thing's all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I only applied for 1 course. I received an e-mail on March 30th stating they received my application and I would be assessed/interviewed in the next "6-7 weeks". I was hoping to hear by now so I may actually contact them Monday as well

I only applied for 1 course. I received an e-mail on March 30th stating they received my application and I would be assessed/interviewed in the next "6-7 weeks". I was hoping to hear by now so I may actually contact them Monday as well

My bad! I actually did get that mail on March 30th, just checked my gmail. I'll still contact them Monday and share what they tell me then.

Have you applied for any grants or for assistance with student contribution fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Don't know how useful this is to anyone but anyway. Link that lets you know what subject has responded to mature applicants. UCD ONLY

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/admissions/mynews.html

Maldesu wrote: »
    Don't know how useful this is to anyone but anyway. Link that lets you know what subject has responded to mature applicants. UCD ONLY

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/admissions/mynews.html

Thanks it is useful, only it says:
    04 May 2012

The decisions, for applications on the grounds of mature years, for the following programmes have been returned and communicated to applicants via email (where an email address has been provided):

I've applied for one of the science courses listed, my mail was on my CAO form, but there is nothing from UCD in it or my spam folder.

The fact it says 'The decisions' rather than 'Candidates who have been successful' suggests they would contact everyone either way, in which case I may have a place just I have not heard via email for some reason...

Does the way I'm reading that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I'd have expected them to tell you either way. Call them and ask them. Just tell them that your waiting for a response and that their website says it was posted on the 4th.
    Hope you get it sorted.

Maldesu wrote: »
    I'd have expected them to tell you either way. Call them and ask them. Just tell them that your waiting for a response and that their website says it was posted on the 4th.
    Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks. Yeah, I called this afternoon but they had closed by 2pm so I have to wait until Monday - it's going to be a long weekend!

• Advertisement
Advertisement