Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Alternative to eGo setup

• 11-05-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

After a test run on an ecirette starter pack, I've bought this http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego-t-tank-/joyetech-ego-t-starter-kit-1000mah-/prod_303.html. (big thumbs up to the vapour store for quality of service).

This set up is better than I expected and does exactly what I need in terms of battery life etc. I may get a smaller battery at some point for convenience on a night out but I'm not too concerned. Hopefully the cigarettes are confined to history.

My wife now needs to get some kit. In a nutshell, she doesn't like the eGo batteries. There are obiously shorter versions than mine, but she doesn't like the thickness either.

What would be the best alternative options. I accept there will be compomises on battery duration etc, so trying to find a happy medium. (I don't expect something the size of a cigarette).

BTW, this is a great forum, although a little dangerous on the pocket.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Innokin_AIO_IK1200_PCC_510/p705283_6359108.aspx

best cigalike model out there
    not neccesarily because it's any better than the others (although in some respects it is, it has 510 threading so it's not restricted to one brand of cartomisers like some of the other cigalike models) but mainly because it has the cig box shaped portable charging case

if you get a spare battery, you can have one ecig+carto in your bag/pocket while your spare battery charges in the portable case. when you use up the battery you're vaping on, switch them around and so on so forth

can use the innokin own brand cartomisers (2.5ohm) or th boge lr cartos (2ohm). 2ohm boges will give a warmer (imo, better overall) vape but will drain the battery faster.. but as you have the portable charging case.. not really an issue

I wouldn't reccomend any other 510 kit tbh, without a portable charging case they're ****e in terms of battery life.. would wreck my tits.

--edit

batteries kinda go.. 510 (ciggie sized) to ego to bigger (much bigger).. i dont know if there even is an inbetween

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

What about the standard 510? http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-manual-starter-kit/prod_2.html

They say it's not as good as the Ego but as long as she's not expecting the same battery life it should work.

Can also get nice colourful accessories -

Joye510_Manual_Batteries_In_10_Colors.jpg

Joye510_atomizers_In_10_Colors.jpg

Wish the Ego came in pink too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The eGo does come in pink, ya just have to look outisde of Ireland for it! :)

http://www.vaporkings.com/eGo-T-Type-B-kit-pink-Genuine-Joye-p/ego-kit-pink-typeb.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Uh oh I could be heading for bankruptcy at this rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Carb

Thanks for the suggestions.

Isn't there a portable charging case for the Joye-510 also?

What is the general battery life of these, and does any one have any experience of the mega version; http://www.thevapourstore.ie/spare-parts/mega-auto-battery-for-joye-510/prod_198.html

Also has anyone used the tank system for these, or would cartomisers be better.

Sir Digby - Would you believe the Innokin to be a better product or is there little difference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I started by using a standard 510 and the PCC and it worked very well. 1 battery charging while there was another slot for the ecig that was being used.

I then got some mega batteries and the lifetime was much better on them but they were quite long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think those mega batteryies are around 9cm long

http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-127.html

that seems pretty long
    and if you're getting a portable charging case the length/life of the battery isn't really an issue

I think it actually works out a little dearer to order the megas+charging case from the vapour store (9.95x2 for batts, 25 for charging case, 7.50 for 5 cartos) the cartos are a good price alright but.. *shrug*

if you're getting the charging case, I'd go for the smaller battery. the performance would be the same on them, it's just the battery life that's different and vapourstore is out of stock on the portable charging case for the smaller batteries. But I've never used a 510 setup so *shrug* maybe the mega batteries aren't as long as I'm thinking

--edit

I have however used the 510-tank system

big fat meh from me
    performance wise, cartomisers all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Innokin_AIO_IK1200_PCC_510/p705283_6359108.aspx

best cigalike model out there
    not neccesarily because it's any better than the others (although in some respects it is, it has 510 threading so it's not restricted to one brand of cartomisers like some of the other cigalike models) but mainly because it has the cig box shaped portable charging case

if you get a spare battery, you can have one ecig+carto in your bag/pocket while your spare battery charges in the portable case. when you use up the battery you're vaping on, switch them around and so on so forth

can use the innokin own brand cartomisers (2.5ohm) or th boge lr cartos (2ohm). 2ohm boges will give a warmer (imo, better overall) vape but will drain the battery faster.. but as you have the portable charging case.. not really an issue

I wouldn't reccomend any other 510 kit tbh, without a portable charging case they're ****e in terms of battery life.. would wreck my tits.

--edit

batteries kinda go.. 510 (ciggie sized) to ego to bigger (much bigger).. i dont know if there even is an inbetween

I know this is reputed to be good and that's why I bought it but in my honest opinion it is Sh**e.

I purchased it recently for my wife and the first battery failed almost straight away. The vendor quickly dispatched another battery and didn't request me to send back the broken one which was great customer service. However the new replacement battery went mad after a few hours of use and is now not turning off by itself :mad:

I have done up a video to show the vendor who I wont name what's happening and just emailed them to request a refund as I have lost total faith in it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Carb

Thanks for all the advice folks. Time to go shopping.

Advertisement