Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reapeating first year in UL

Options
  • 11-05-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I had a disasterous first semester and have several failed modules. I couldn't pass them all, nor do I want to try. My question is how much will I have to pay for a repeat year. I heard that to repeat in NUIG is only 1600 euros all included. Please tell me it's not so different in UL.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

1600 hardly my friend
    In UL business and Art are about €5,000
    Science and engineering are €7,500 (Labs)
    NUIG course cost Here
    UL course cost here
    Government don't pay for a repeat year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Jester252 wrote: »
    Start saving up!

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd recommend attempting the repeats, it could save you a few grand.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Given that your QCA from first year more than likely (depending on course) won't count towards your final degree, it would seriously be worth trying to pass the repeats. You'd be surprised what you could achieve in the three months off with a few of previous years' exam papers and notes.

Of course, if by "several" you mean 4, and are likely to fail another this semester then you may not have a choice in the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭James McNulty

I was in your position a few short years ago. Go for the repeats, you might regret it as your doing them but as the above posters said, it'll save you a few quid and once you pass them (fingers crossed), any regrets will have gone and you'll be back with your class and ready to start your degree proper in 2nd year. Best of luck!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement