Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data roaming not working

Options
  • 11-05-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi All
    Hoefully someone can shed some light on this. I am on Bill pay smart with data roaming. Data and call roaming were working fine before christmas last year then from February 2012 whilst in the UK when i tried to respond to the text to accept roaming I got a message on the screen saying "DATACONNECTIVITY PROBLEM, THE SERVER FAILED TO COMMUNICATE, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER". The calls were working fine. On my return I contacted Meteor CCand they said it was a phone problem. I had my phone checked in a Meteor shop and they said it should be fine as all settings were correct. Went abroad again and no problem with calls but n data roaming again. Contacted Meteor CC again and they said it must be a phone issue and talked me through the setting and agreed they were correct and would look into it. When I freturned I went to the Meteor shop where they did a full phone re-set. Abroad again and still same message when trying to connect to data. Tried my wifes phone and while she can make and receive calls the same message comes up when she trys to connect to data roaming. Contacted Meteor CC and they said they said it was a Meteor issue and it would be resolved in 24 hours. 48 hours later and still the same problem on two phones. Contacted Meteor CC again and they said it must be a phone issue and talked me through the setting again. They agreed the settings were correct and would escalate the issue to a higher level and someone would contact me in 48 hours, still nothing. Unfortunately I cannot check data roaming until my next trip abroad when I shall need data roaming for work. I am now in a position where my only option is to move both phones to a new provider as I dont know what else to do. Has anyone else experienced similar issues or any suggestions as what to do?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Hi Glenalla,

Can I ask what type of phomes you are using?

Alot of manufacturers these days have a Data Roaming option (to prevent Bill Shock) in the Wireless & Network / Connectivity settings, this is switched off by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Its a ZTE Blade. The phone was working fine before christmas, data roaming was great and suddenly it stopped without touching the settings. I took it to a Meteor shop where they reset all settings by doing a full reset then re-entering the correct meteor settings for data roaming but it is still not working. The fact that it worked fine and then stopped is really frustrating. It would appear I am not the only one experiencing this from looking at the Meteor forum. Also tried to roam with my wifes phone and it did the same.

Advertisement