Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Cork city Noob

Options
  • 11-05-2012 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

hay guys, i just wanted to know is there any d&d played around cork?
    i just got into d&d D20 i think, still new to this :p
    i have only had four weekends playing this as a monk ( i like monks very much ) but i tire of waiting once a week to play the campaign that i am on with my friends.

is there any one in the cork area looking to host a D&D game and allows a noob like me to join?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Might be worth your while heading to UCC's gaming society (Thursdays from 7pm, L2 building by the college road entrance last I checked), or ask in Other Realms in the Pól st. shopping centre, they'll have some contacts for various groups you could try out. I'm not aware of any D&D games going on myself, but these things change frequently enough as one campaign ends and another begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Sarky wrote: »
    Might be worth your while heading to UCC's gaming society (Thursdays from 7pm, L2 building by the college road entrance last I checked), or ask in Other Realms in the Pól st. shopping centre, they'll have some contacts for various groups you could try out. I'm not aware of any D&D games going on myself, but these things change frequently enough as one campaign ends and another begins.

thanks Sarky

i dont suppose you know of any in the cork area at all or any other forums of and d&d cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I know one or two people in already-full, long-established games, but not well enough to introduce anyone to them. I'll drop you a PM if I hear anything, though.

Sarky wrote: »
    I know one or two people in already-full, long-established games, but not well enough to introduce anyone to them. I'll drop you a PM if I hear anything, though.

thanks sarky, well i will be heading to other realms tomorrow so ill ask them while i am there and maybe pick up some dices, perhaps a luck d20 will be found this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

If you find anything, be sure to post here. Wouldnt mind playing a bit more regularly myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 LeonbowSci

Hey there, I run the Sci-fi society in UCC, not really related to WARPs. However I do have access to rooms which could be used for weekly gaming sessions. I wouldn't mind getting together with a few people to play though a campaign(I also wouldn't mind being the dungeon master, if that's needed).

It's difficult getting the right people for a group so if you want to meet up in UCC someday and play a board game with a few of us that could break the ice!

If you do would like to be put into contact with WARPS they have a Website and a Facebook page that you could do with a few more LFGs. :)

LeonbowSci wrote: »
    Hey there, I run the Sci-fi society in UCC, not really related to WARPs. However I do have access to rooms which could be used for weekly gaming sessions. I wouldn't mind getting together with a few people to play though a campaign(I also wouldn't mind being the dungeon master, if that's needed).

It's difficult getting the right people for a group so if you want to meet up in UCC someday and play a board game with a few of us that could break the ice!

If you do would like to be put into contact with WARPS they have a Website and a Facebook page that you could do with a few more LFGs. :)

that sound fun. if you could info me the details of upcoming games that would be fantastic

I wouldn't mind getting together with a few people to play though a campaign(I also wouldn't mind being the dungeon master, if that's needed).

Would be possibly willing to share DMing duties

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

Boro wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind getting together with a few people to play though a campaign(I also wouldn't mind being the dungeon master, if that's needed).

Would be possibly willing to share DMing duties

hey guys quick reply here as in in work but I'm a noob to and as well and am looking for a game to play in....... So if ye need numbers count me in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Aaronogrady

Hey guys I know I'm late by like a year but if ye are looking for people I would like to join in. Just a heads up I'm a complete noob I haven't even played before but I have the players handbook and dice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mikeoregan

Yeah this is four years too late but there is now a Cork D&D MeetUp group that play every 2 weeks in the city centre.
    Currently we have three tables/games running and growing all the time. Newbies and gnarly old adventurers welcome.
    The only caveat is that you have to be over 18 as we meet in a pub.

This stupid site wont let me post a URL because I am a new user, so just google "Cork D&D Meetup" and you'll find us.

mikeoregan wrote: »
    Yeah this is four years too late but there is now a Cork D&D MeetUp group that play every 2 weeks in the city centre.
    Currently we have three tables/games running and growing all the time. Newbies and gnarly old adventurers welcome.
    The only caveat is that you have to be over 18 as we meet in a pub.

This stupid site wont let me post a URL because I am a new user, so just google "Cork D&D Meetup" and you'll find us.

Cool man, goo initiative
    What version are you playing and where do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mikeoregan

Boro wrote: »

Cool man, goo initiative
    What version are you playing and where do you play?

We play 5e, because this is the current edition and most of our players are just starting, so easier to get 5e books and there's lots of online support.
    All the details of where and when are on the Cork Dungeons and Dragons page on meetup dot com

Advertisement