Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizzeria & Gelateria

Options
  • 11-05-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭

I'll be in London for a few days next week and I'm looking for a good Italian restaurant/pizzeria and a good gelateria (Italian ice cream shop). Both in the same area if possible.

I'm based in West London on the central line but anything within a reasonable distance of a tube station should be ok.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Timeout London did a feature on Gelateria if this helps:

http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/1329/best-ice-cream-in-london

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There's a place called ICCO on the corner of Goodge St & Charlotte St that's pretty good, perenially popular with students at UCL.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Fysh wrote: »
    There's a place called ICCO on the corner of Goodge St & Charlotte St that's pretty good, perenially popular with students at UCL.

Just around the corner from my office. TBH I find it a bit average, but you do get a good-sized pizza for your money.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    Just around the corner from my office. TBH I find it a bit average, but you do get a good-sized pizza for your money.

Didn't realise you worked that close to my place - hmm, given that bluedolphin also works nearby(ish) we could have some sort of Friday Lunchtime Boards Nomnoms thing. There's a Benito's Hat nearby that keeps calling my name...

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Gelato Mio (mentioned in that article) on Pembridge Road has a decent Pizzeria beside it. They're around the corner from Notting Hill Gate

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I've heard that there's a really good gelateria in South Kensington but I haven't been there, I think it must be Oddono's which is mentioned in the article that silvervixen posted. It was an Italian who told me about it as well so it must be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement