Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastmere village and 500 fps limit???

Options
  • 10-05-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about making the trip over to that Eastmere village airsoft weekend but im unsure about how the bolt action snipers are allowed to be up to 500fps. I would imagine getting shot by one would cause some serious injury.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you could give me some info on how this works and is allowed. Also, any additional information on the game itself would be great as there is not much on the AI website.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Any sites in the UK that run that limit for bolt action rifles also have a minimum engagement distance.
    This distance is rigidly enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

To add to what Rooky has said, engagement distance for a 500fps bolty is typically 25-30m, and people firing from within engagement range get looked at in a dim light by marshals & players alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

As has been said, site allowing snipers to use up to 500fps rigidly enforce MEDs - most will also require the sniper to pass an on-site sniping course to prove the ability to judge MEDs, etc.

Plus it's not going to do any major damage anyway. Even at sniper weights, a BB just doesn't have the mass to cause anything other than a very nasty (and often bloody) welt. Wear good eye and face protection and you won't have anything to worry about.

The biggest problem is remembering to shout "HIT" instead of "WTF was that!!!!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Jimmy bo 186

Treadhead wrote: »
    As has been said, site allowing snipers to use up to 500fps rigidly enforce MEDs - most will also require the sniper to pass an on-site sniping course to prove the ability to judge MEDs, etc.

Plus it's not going to do any major damage anyway. Even at sniper weights, a BB just doesn't have the mass to cause anything other than a very nasty (and often bloody) welt. Wear good eye and face protection and you won't have anything to worry about.

The biggest problem is remembering to shout "HIT" instead of "WTF was that!!!!" ;)

I see, would'nt mind upgrading my sniper to that power..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I see, would'nt mind upgrading my sniper to that power..:D

Just not in Ireland.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Jimmy bo 186

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Just not in Ireland.:)

haha, ye exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

it's not all about FPS. That just dictates how quickly a BB gets to its target. FPS has little bearing on range or accuracy, or indeed the part of airsoft sniping that's most important; field-craft.

There is also something to be said about running a bolty at a lower level and not having the same engagement ranges. Where someone might look across a clearing some 25m+ to scan for a sniper threat, they aren't looking at the bushes 5m away for the guy running a bolty at 328/350fps ...

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

I can say that 500+ fps dosnt hurt, no worse anyway.
    Iv been playing a few games over here in the USA the last few months.

My M4 is running 550 fps atm, and iv been shot with 600+ at 20 feet.
    it stings a bit more alright, but iv not been hurt at all, or been bruised in about 10 skirmishes.

Needless to say, in ireland i only use shoting glasses.
    over here is use a full mask, and no mesh glasses, as 500+ fps bursts right true em.

i think paint ball in ireland hurts more tba..

Advertisement