Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow

Options
  • 10-05-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Anyone here listen to Rainbow? The 3 Dio albums are great (Long Live Rock and Roll being my favourite). Down to Earth and Stranger In Us All are quite good too but not keen on their middle of the road stuff. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭RayCon

Rainbow Rising is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

RayCon wrote: »
    Rainbow Rising is a masterpiece.

Rising is the only Rainbow album I've listened to so far, I think it's brilliant. This is an amazing track:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

I thought the same as yourself at first but all their stuff up to Bent out of Shape is really very good musically, thought provoking lyrics and very good musicians in a very tight unit. Try to get a look at the Live DVD in San Antonio, very good stuff but it is very hard to top RJD but it was very good after he went his own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

xerces wrote: »
    Rising is the only Rainbow album I've listened to so far, I think it's brilliant.

All the Dio era albums are brilliant imo, Ritchie Blackmore lost the plot a bit when he told Dio to start writing love songs (Dio told him to get stuffed) and chasing after chart success.

The first album is really good too, stuff like Man on the Silver Mountain, Temple of the King and Catch the Rainbow

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Rising and Long Live Rock n' Roll. Two classics.
    Only got into them in the last couple of years myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Mr.Rain

Rainbow is Great! BTW Right now I am wearing a Cath the Rainbow t-shirt!
    Dio era is pretty good, but 80's stuff is damn good too, maybe just a bit (irony <mode off>) more mainstream.

Last era reminds me a ton to Yngwie Malsteen (before he went bananas...:pac:), melodic but with guts (as a Friend of mine used to say good music for ya, and the posh of your teenager sister...:P)

Anyway, I on the hunt of people to do good stuff on with that vibe(70s-80s), so if there´s anybody there playing good and interested...

Here is the add:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78633385#post78633385

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

The one band I've always wished I seen live.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

Like it more with Dio myself. Great studio albums but don't forget On Stage.

Completely different flavor 'live'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Advertisement