Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes With Same Music on multiple Computers

Options
  • 10-05-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone can shed some light... I have 4 pcs all with itunes on them, Two are mac's. I want to be able to have all the music stored in a central location (a shared hard drive which they all share) and if i add a song to one, it will update on the others when they are turned on.. Is there a way of doing this. I only want the music to appear on all itunes and not the apps...

Cheers in advance
    Dpjmie

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just use Home Sharing. It'll stream one library to all the others.

More info here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3819

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Just use Home Sharing. It'll stream one library to all the others.

More info here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3819

I know about the home sharing but I want to be able to sync the music on my
    iPhone which is on my mac, and my iPad which is on my
    Windows of, home sharing doesn't allow
    You to do this, it only allows you to play what's stored in one library on another...

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What I would suggest is that you make one of your computers the master library, sync all your devices with it, and use Home Sharing to stream to the other computers.

But if you want separate synced libraries on each computer/device, then you'd probably be better off getting iTunes Match. It syncs everything with the cloud and costs 25 euro a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

What I would suggest is that you make one of your computers the master library, sync all your devices with it, and use Home Sharing to stream to the other computers.

But if you want separate synced libraries on each computer/device, then you'd probably better of getting iTunes Match. It syncs everything with the cloud and costs 25 euro a year.

Thanks for the reply
    Dpjmie

Advertisement