Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A week off the analogues

Options
  • 10-05-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Well only been vaping properly for a week and I LOVE it!

Not only the sensation and the fact I get my nicotine hit but also all the different flavours. Recommending it to anyone that asks.

Have tried to give up the analogues before and went through hell before eventually giving in, this makes such a pleasant change. My sense of smell has returned and I'm in fantastic humour with a bit more energy than normal. Prob still too early to notice any other changes but even so I'm delighted.

My OH is also vaping. Never thought he'd give up smoking but he's really enjoying it too.

We're both using Ego/DCC set ups and trying a few different flavours. Will give an atty/tank system a try soon just to see what they're like.

All in all we're two very happy campers although I think I'm becomming slightly obsessed!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sept09baby wrote: »

All in all we're two very happy campers although I think I'm becomming slightly obsessed!

this can happen :)

what I do when I worry that im spending too much money on ecigs is go to one of those quitting banner websites, put in the date i quit and how many fags I smoked and then try to work out how much money I've technically saved by quitting smoking.. even though I just spent 150 euro on a hand made variable voltage mod from england....

1291986000_20_1_EUR_8.85_default.png

when I look at it like that, I think I should probably buy a couple of provaris.. sure I must be swimming in money

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Am sure it'll even out over time but in the last 2 weeks I've bought 6 ego batteries, 2 chargers, 24 cartomisers, 2 mega cartomisers, 6 drip tips, 2 lanyards, 2 atomiser covers, empty bottles and 190ml of eliquid.

In my defence though I was buying for 2 people and my OH kept letting his cartos run dry!

Actually there's no defence - am just obsessed! Was contemplating buying a label maker so I could keep my bottle selection neat!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 PROJECTSKYLINE

Well done, i'm off the evil cigs about 8/9 weeks now and i'm happy out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

sept09baby wrote: »
    Am sure it'll even out over time but in the last 2 weeks I've bought 6 ego batteries, 2 chargers, 24 cartomisers, 2 mega cartomisers, 6 drip tips, 2 lanyards, 2 atomiser covers, empty bottles and 190ml of eliquid.

In my defence though I was buying for 2 people and my OH kept letting his cartos run dry!

Actually there's no defence - am just obsessed! Was contemplating buying a label maker so I could keep my bottle selection neat!

As long as you are enjoying it and away from the evil cigs who cares I'm kind of like yourself as well forever buying something but its good fun. I've even booked to go to Vapefest in August so I can get more gear maybe a nice pipe-mod or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

I'm going on 9 days and I'm in the same boat!

I have 5 DCCs, 5 XL DCCs, 2 eGo C 900 mAH batteries, 3 x 10 ml juices (Apple, Strawberry, and Coffee) and 1 x 30 ml RY-4.

I have a Sub tank on the way from Mom & Pop's in the states and should be ordering a large strawberry milkshake flavor as soon as the next paycheck comes in!

Sense of smell is back as well and I have already made back the cost of my initial investment! I even have some friends who are borderline crossing over!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Congrats to both of you. The first week or so is the hardest I found, it gets easier from there. The only problem then is trying to get the best vape that you can :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm approaching the 4 month mark myself, can't begin to express my happiness! :-)

Fair play to you tho, the first week is the hardest, once you get over that you're laughing!

Now that you've got this far, disconnect your Internet, and DON'T research any more...or else you'll end up broke, but you'll have a 24k Gold Provari! :-)

Vape on!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

I'd like to add my appreciation to all those on this forum for enlightening and confusing me (in equal measure) over the past 2 weeks. After being smoke free for 2 1/2 years I started back social smoking last June and gradually drifted back, but only 2 about 20 - 25 a week. Got the basic cig-a-like model first which only came in 24mg menthol (although I'm glad coz I never would have dreamed of trying menthol, love the stuff now) and took a huge leap up to the Imist today. Bloody hell, 24mg barely did it for me on the basic model, now I have to take tiny drags.

Never going back.

Thanks all.

I think you made a good choice with the Imist System, Enjoy :)
    pelluci wrote: »
    I'd like to add my appreciation to all those on this forum for enlightening and confusing me (in equal measure) over the past 2 weeks. After being smoke free for 2 1/2 years I started back social smoking last June and gradually drifted back, but only 2 about 20 - 25 a week. Got the basic cig-a-like model first which only came in 24mg menthol (although I'm glad coz I never would have dreamed of trying menthol, love the stuff now) and took a huge leap up to the Imist today. Bloody hell, 24mg barely did it for me on the basic model, now I have to take tiny drags.

Never going back.

Thanks all.

Just a quick question. Should the wick be loose? When I removed the tank, the spike is sometimes still stuck in it? I doesn't seem to have any effect on the quality.

• Advertisement

pelluci wrote: »
    Just a quick question. Should the wick be loose? When I removed the tank, the spike is sometimes still stuck in it? I doesn't seem to have any effect on the quality.

When you remove the tank the spike should stay where it is.

The wick just kind of sits into the spike when you are setting it up you just gently push wick in kind of twisting it helps it to go in fully.
    The end of the wick with the wirey bit on it should be facing where the tank sits on it and the fluffy part of the wick facing where the coil is.

newmark wrote: »
    When you remove the tank the spike should stay where it is.

The wick just kind of sits into the spike when you are setting it up you just gently push wick in kind of twisting it helps it to go in fully.
    The end of the wick with the wirey bit on it should be facing where the tank sits on it and the fluffy part of the wick facing where the coil is.

The wick seems fine in the spike, but the spike itself is smaller than the hole in cone (and isn't attached to the cone). I reckon, as long as I'm careful, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks.

Well I've gotten to 4 weeks now and to be honest I haven't even noticed the time. It's just flown in and still don't miss the fags at all.

Still happy with my ego set up but have been trying different cartos, tanks, vision egos and liquids. Haven't settled on a favourite but am enjoying most of them. Want to get a twist at some stage and still have to get a carto punch too but other than that I haven't gone (too) mental shopping.

Have 2 other people vaping and 3 people in work are interested so it's slowly catching on. E-smokeireland have to get the dcc set in the case back in stock cos that's what I have been telling everyone to get so I don't have to explain all the individual bits lol!

So all in all still loving vaping and grateful to everyone here for their advice ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

make sure and tell them to get drip tips too :) otherwise they'll be sucking on a cartomiser

Had a friend asking me yesterday how long I'm off the cigs - it's over 4 months now and has absolutely flown in. Haven't noticed the time at all and still enjoying vaping. Have no plans to give it up yet - still too many flavours and toys to try!

Advertisement