Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rear dynamo light problem

Options
  • 10-05-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I have a B&M front and rear dynamo set running off a shimano front hub.
    the front light is a two wire lumotec senso (it has three switch setting - on/off and automatic switch on via light sensor). the rear is a considerably cheaper single wire mudguard mounting type.

I have an overvoltage protector for the front light.
    i run the live and earth from the front dynamo into the front light then run two wires from that towards the overvoltage protector near the back light. then a double wire from that overvoltage protector with one live going into slot inside the rear light (as it only takes a single wire) and the earth wrapped around the bolt that comes from the rear light mounting it onto the mudguard (which is metal)

i managed to get the lights working this way however;
    i cant seem to get the automatic light sensor or the off switch to work for the front light and recently the rear light came loose and cant seem to get that working again. has anyone had experience with this setup? i'm considering getting a double wire rear light but it would be nice not to have to waste the light i bought. any suggestions?

thanks

Comments

Advertisement