Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error: Sending failed ... smtp.upcmail.ie timed out.

Options
  • 10-05-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

I'm new to this forum, so apologies if this question is in the wrong place.

My friend is having trouble with sending emails. The messages actually are sent, but an error message pops up saying that sending failed and the message remains in the Outbox.
    Sending of message failed.
    The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server smtp.upcmail.ie timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator.

Receiving emails works fine. Sending email from both an iPad and iPhone on the same WiFi network works ok.

Thunderbird Version 12.0.1
    Windows XP (fully patched)
    Dell 3100c with 2Gb RAM, 4 years old

Nice chap in UPC Support tried to help but couldn't identify the problem. We agreed that it looks like a handshake problem, i.e. the SMTP server and the client not agreeing that the message was sent, but that's as far as we got.
    Broadband modem is the new white, flat, wide one with two aerials, not the EPC2425.

Can anyone help?

Advertisement