Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blessing

Options
  • 10-05-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I know this is a long shot but hopefully someone here can help me. Myself and my fiance are getting married in two weeks time. We are having a civil ceremony and 2 days later we are having the reception (long story). A Buddhist friend of mine was supposed to be helping us by assisting with a blessing at the reception, we know that marriage isn't a recognised Buddhist sacrement, this was just a few vows to each other and him asking for Buddha to lead and guide etc. He can't make it from the UK and so we are now blessingless.
    Does anyone know of a friendly Buddhist priest, nun, lama etc who could help us out on friday 25th, mid afternoon, and save my life in the process.
    Thanks in advance.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 april99

I know this is a long shot but hopefully someone here can help me. Myself and my fiance are getting married in two weeks time. We are having a civil ceremony and 2 days later we are having the reception (long story). A Buddhist friend of mine was supposed to be helping us by assisting with a blessing at the reception, we know that marriage isn't a recognised Buddhist sacrement, this was just a few vows to each other and him asking for Buddha to lead and guide etc. He can't make it from the UK and so we are now blessingless.
    Does anyone know of a friendly Buddhist priest, nun, lama etc who could help us out on friday 25th, mid afternoon, and save my life in the process.
    Thanks in advance.:o

Hi !
    Firstly many congratulations in advance for your wedding !
    Have you tried contacting specific Buddhist Centres in your area ? I don't know what part of the country you are located in. You would be looking for a Lama or Nun , no priests within Buddhism to the best of my knowledge. Depending on the individual centre, some Dharma centres have visiting Lamas/Nuns in addition to their own people for retreats & teachings. Therefore they may be in the position to assist you.

Maybe you could find someone that way ? Sounds like a wonderful occasion with wedding , reception & hopefully blessing !! Really hope you find a suitable candidate very soon :-)

Kind regards,

April .

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Congratulations to both of you!

You don't mention if a particular tradition is important to you but I second April's idea of contating the various Buddhist Centres to see if they know anyone.

If you're open to Zen, you could try Ingen Breen, a really nice guy who is often based in Dublin when he's not at San Francisco Zen Centre or teaching abroad.
    http://sites.google.com/site/stresspionage/
    http://www.facebook.com/ingen.breen?_fb_noscript=1

Advertisement