Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingston 256GB SSD - SATA 3

Options
  • 10-05-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Kingston 256gb SSD - usually goes for around €350, now down to £118 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0062IMC5A

UPDATE:
    The stock from Amazon is all sold out currently.
    If you want to buy from amazon at the lower price (and not from a 3rd party), under the price click the link " XX new from £XXX "
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I don't know what the reliability is like on these, but god damn the price of SSDs is falling. I'll leave it for another while yet, my Crucial M4 64GB is grand as is.

If anyone is wondering whether or not it's worth it going SSD...yes...yes it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Thanks OP - got one for me and one for a mate - legend.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Says it won't ship to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

it will

But on the right hand side there is an option to purchase this item directly from Amazon.uk including free delivery.

I have to also say that I've been ordering hard drives from Amazon in the past ,some of them failed after some time and never had an issue to get refund straight away.

This is really an excellent value,thank you OP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Massive problems with those drives and apparently the line has been discontinued.

Forum here.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/solid-state-drives-ssds-flash-storage/629427-kingston-ssdnow-v200-having-serious-performance-problems-24.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Seems to be £200 now.

Jarren wrote: »
    it will

But on the right hand side there is an option to purchase this item directly from Amazon.uk including free delivery.

I have to also say that I've been ordering hard drives from Amazon in the past ,some of them failed after some time and never had an issue to get refund straight away.

This is really an excellent value,thank you OP

Cheers, got it working there. 125 pounds.

This is designed for notebooks, would it mount handy enough in a tower case?

MarkR wrote: »
    Seems to be £200 now.

To the lower right, under more buying options you can select to buy direct from Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

maybe good for a server setup i.e. raid 1

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Ush1 wrote: »
    Cheers, got it working there. 125 pounds.

This is designed for notebooks, would it mount handy enough in a tower case?

These are smaller than a standard HDD so most cases wont have mounts for these. But as there are no moving parts, mounting it is not essential. I just have my old ones at the bottom of my case (2 years now and no probs) :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Kingston admitted the problem, promised a firmware update in january, it still hasn't materialised so I'd steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,886 ✭✭✭✭unkel

If anyone is wondering whether or not it's worth it going SSD...yes...yes it is!

+1

Mine is only a cheap 60GB one but the time between the last text from the POST on the screen until the Windows 8 fish comes up is only about 2 seconds :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daithi McNulty

I bought a portable Intenso 320gb hdd direct from Amazon.co.uk in January.Using it with a saorview box.For the last month or so it has started beeping the odd time,disconnecting and reconnecting,failed timer recordings and thus very unreliable.

Would you think i'd have a chance getting a refund now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Back up to £300:mad:

I bought a portable Intenso 320gb hdd direct from Amazon.co.uk in January.Using it with a saorview box.For the last month or so it has started beeping the odd time,disconnecting and reconnecting,failed timer recordings and thus very unreliable.

One of my hard drives failed after 6/7 months of usage, had money refunded with no quibble.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Yep Amazon are great for this sort of thing.

As it stands you have two options - 1: replace - 2: return it for a refund.

For refund just go to your account, look for the order, to the right of the order click the "Return" button - et voila

For replacement, just contact support, if its in stock they'll replace it for ya. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so many ssd deals. cant wait for a good 256gb ssd for 100£ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Anyone get theirs? Amazon cancelled my order over night :(

Paddy

Mine got cancelled also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I thought ebuyer dont deliver to ireland anymore - mores the pity!

10 Pounds shipping fee

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I thought ebuyer dont deliver to ireland anymore - mores the pity!
    not officially any more, sadly. you need to use google checkout and deliverme.ie so it's only really worth it for big bargains.

Advertisement