Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circuit training v's hypertrophy

Options
  • 09-05-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi

I've been following a circuit training programme for 5 months. Use weights and a swiss ball. Pretty intense. I have increased the weights Im using but to date while my body feels really hard and I can see a lot of definition (and I deffo feel good) Im not seeing a lot of growth. Im eating like a horse to keep my weight up

Should I be using whey protein/creatine suppliment or moving to hypertrophic exercise for growth?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

leblanc wrote: »
    Hi

I've been following a circuit training programme for 5 months. Use weights and a swiss ball. Pretty intense. I have increased the weights Im using but to date while my body feels really hard and I can see a lot of definition (and I deffo feel good) Im not seeing a lot of growth. Im eating like a horse to keep my weight up

Should I be using whey protein/creatine suppliment or moving to hypertrophic exercise for growth?

You're either not eating enough, or lifting heavy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Circuit training is not the way to go for growth-research a good programme and heres a lil sumthin sumthin on the direction you have to bring your eating-this is an extreme example but a steady an constant increase in calories will be required.
    Just watch the video the comments are dung
    http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/8500_calories_a_day_frank_yang_bulking_diet?id=5216955&pageNo=0

Advertisement