Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Order Help Please!?!

Options
  • 09-05-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

I recently moved to a newly built house in a rural area of Cahir, Co. Tipperary.

I ordered an Eircom phone line and broadband package nearly 3 months ago. An engineer called after about a month to do a survey and told me that our house maybe too far away from the nearest phone line (approx 100 metres) and that Eircom may refuse to install the line. He said he would call out a few days later with another engineer to have a look and confirm.

There was no sign of this happening for the next month and a half, despite repeated calls from me, and just yesterday I received a call from a very rude lady from Eircom telling me I could not have a phone line and all they would offer me was a wireless phone line (over radio waves). This line could not support broadband.

The reason she gave me was that the lines in my area were at full capacity and there was no room for me. I beleive this to be a lie as I know a house close to me had an Eircom phone line and broadband until about three months ago (He has since had his phone line completely disconnected and gone to mobile broadband. No other houses have connected since so how could there be no capacity???

Is there anything I can do about this, as I need good broadband for my work, and mobile broadband will not work for me? It seems crazy to me that in this day and age I am being told I can not have a phone line in my house!

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

dadon70 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I recently moved to a newly built house in a rural area of Cahir, Co. Tipperary.

I ordered an Eircom phone line and broadband package nearly 3 months ago. An engineer called after about a month to do a survey and told me that our house maybe too far away from the nearest phone line (approx 100 metres) and that Eircom may refuse to install the line. He said he would call out a few days later with another engineer to have a look and confirm.

There was no sign of this happening for the next month and a half, despite repeated calls from me, and just yesterday I received a call from a very rude lady from Eircom telling me I could not have a phone line and all they would offer me was a wireless phone line (over radio waves). This line could not support broadband.

The reason she gave me was that the lines in my area were at full capacity and there was no room for me. I beleive this to be a lie as I know a house close to me had an Eircom phone line and broadband until about three months ago (He has since had his phone line completely disconnected and gone to mobile broadband. No other houses have connected since so how could there be no capacity???

Is there anything I can do about this, as I need good broadband for my work, and mobile broadband will not work for me? It seems crazy to me that in this day and age I am being told I can not have a phone line in my house!

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi dadon70,

Can you PM me with your order number, name and full address and I will check the status of the order for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement