Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi special offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've never been so excited to go into Aldi in my life.

They won't know what's hit them when all the baby boomers arrive tomorrow to pillage the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

:D
    The prices seem really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Very good except the price for the 2 pack of 260ml wide neck bottles @8.99, cheaper to buy a 3 pack in tesco.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Very good except the price for the 2 pack of 260ml wide neck bottles @8.99, cheaper to buy a 3 pack in tesco.

I got the Nuby version at the pregnancy and baby fair a couple of weeks ago, 4 for €10.:D

Have all my bottles anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I bought the avent ones on sale in Smyths, I assume you can only put avent bottles into the avent steriliser?

Got great stuff in aldi this morning, went to the one in Drogheda, lots of selection. The babygros seem quite big though. I bought the 0-3 month ones and I might go back tomorrow if I have time and buy the 0month ones just to be on the safe side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

i thought the cellular blankets were good valued the muslin clothes great value and are a decent size

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Totally agree about the bottles, didn't think they were good value at all

I got the sleepsuits, got 00 0-3 and 0-6 just 2 of each
    Got the stretch mark cream too, probably wasting my time buy will try anything, now if I stopped eating like a woman possessed it would probably help more!!

Thought the cellular blankets were cottony as against woolly/warm, - I could be corrected are all cellulat blankets make like that cottony?

Got 4 packs of the muslin cloths too, they are a great size and great price

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I didn't get in but my mum called me and got me a bunch of cellular blankets, muslin cloths and a bottle of the stuff like bio-oil. I don't think I'll need any baby grows as I have lots and lots from family.

I got two packs of the bodysuits, one 0-3, one 3-6. Then a pack of the 0 size vests, a 0-3 pack vests and two packs of the 3-6 ones. Not bad for €19!
    I had a quick look at the soothers, didn't like the look of them.
    Didn't bother with cellular blankets my sister is giving me some of them.
    Have some muslins so didn't get any of them, the ones in Ikea are lovely, wash really well and they are massive!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I got some nice little hardboard book thingies :)

Didn't bother with anything else, I had planned on stocking up on the Tommee Tippee soothers but they were cherry teets and my Son only likes the flat teet ones..

Some good offers though, specially on the baby bottles if you had a small baby..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

i got the newborn aldi nappies just to compare them to pampers . must say i prefer pampers as they are so soft and flexible? although isn't far behind! good value for money :-)
    loved their muslins !!

They will have car roller blinds on Sunday for €5.99 for a two pack...
    Not sure about the roller blinds I think they are a bit small for the car window?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

I find milton eventually melts the designs off the tommee tippee soothers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I find milton eventually melts the designs off the tommee tippee soothers.

Is that what that is? I thought it was just wear and tare on them.. interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I got to my Aldi at 6.30 on the Thurs (day special started) and there was one pack of muslins left and no sleep suits :(
    Cellulars were very good value and got some great little shoes & socks. I think it's hilarious that I'll be putting shoes on a newborn.
    xzanti wrote: »
    Didn't bother with anything else, I had planned on stocking up on the Tommee Tippee soothers but they were cherry teets and my Son only likes the flat teet ones..

There are different types of soother teats??!!?? Jesus is nothing straightforward with baby stuff??

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh be jaysus I was wondering what the cherry meant on the packet!!! LOL I thought they were cherry flavoured......:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Mink wrote: »
    I got to my Aldi at 6.30 on the Thurs (day special started) and there was one pack of muslins left and no sleep suits :(
    Cellulars were very good value and got some great little shoes & socks. I think it's hilarious that I'll be putting shoes on a newborn.

There are different types of soother teats??!!?? Jesus is nothing straightforward with baby stuff??

Haha yep!

Cherry
    P1160519.jpg

Flat
    soother-physiological-latex.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Picked up some 6-9 month sleep suits for my daughter, they're very big. More like 9-12 month. Not that I'm complaining, would have been worse if they were too small fitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

notsobusy wrote: »
    Oh be jaysus I was wondering what the cherry meant on the packet!!! LOL I thought they were cherry flavoured......:p

That made me giggle lots :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Quirkygirl

I bought baby grows but tbh I think they are dirt quality. They have washed ok-ish but not v good. They will b ones I throw away! I bought tommee tipped cups and they are brill in fairness.

Advertisement