Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature students- which Uni is best?

Options
  • 09-05-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Which is a great place to be a mature student? Out of UCD /NuiG /NuiM /UL?

How easy is it to make friends with other mature - ish students? Where do mature students tend to live? Are the clubs and societies 'Mature' friendly? What is the Arts degree experience for matures? ... and all other mature opinions that will help me decide which offer to take up are welcome! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

I guess it depends on what course suits you the best and where you live at present??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's hard to compare places, since folks only ever go to one institution and don't have a basis for comparison. I went to UCD, which has a decent enough Mature Student Society, but beyond that you're just another student and are subjected to everything students deal with.

The biggest problems I had were in dealing with exams: about the only situation left in the world in which people are expected to do masses of handwriting. I had hardly written anything by hand in the 20 years before university, and my handwriting was never good in the first place. That would be a consideration if I was starting again.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement