Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of MMA insurance

Options
  • 09-05-2012 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone who trains regularly takes out private health insurance that covers any injuries you may sustain in training / competing?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Locomotion wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone who trains regularly takes out private health insurance that covers any injuries you may sustain in training / competing?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ask to see your club's insurance policy, see what you're covered for in that and then if you're still worried you're not covered for certain things, think about additional insurance.

If your instructor has no insurance... leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Anyone know what SBG's insurance policy is like? That's the club I was thinking of joining

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Locomotion wrote: »
    Anyone know what SBG's insurance policy is like? That's the club I was thinking of joining

I'd guess it's like most other clubs but the best people up ask is them.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

John is a professional instructor so will be well insured. I don't think it's anything you need to worry about. Just go train and you'd be very surprised how few injuries there are in MMA and indeed how minor the injuries are when they happen. Probably the most common MMA injury is a stubbed toe from walking onto the mat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

insurance??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

insurance??

Yes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

insurance??

Get some legal advice :P

Advertisement