Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat HD recorder with built in slingbox £178.50 delivered from Maplin

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Maplin have a 500 gig freesat HD recorder with dual tuner and slingbox functionality (can watch and control box over the net on mobile, laptop etc) for only £178.50 delivered for a B grade or £10 more for a regular one. I don't know what their retail stores here will be selling it for but in my experience online is often cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭PressTheButton

Sure Maplins 'Free Delivery' is not confined to UK?
    Republic of Ireland Options
    Price Option Delivered
    £8.50 Standard delivery 2-3 working days

The EchoStar HDS-600RS SlingLoaded TV Anywhere Freesat+ HD digital TV recorder (500 GB HDD) also available from Amazon UK for £177.43 incl free standard delivery to Ireland. Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/EchoStar-HDS-600RS-SlingLoaded-Anywhere-recorder/dp/B004S9OT92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336517042&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Sorry didn't post link properly. Didn't actually check amazon as not in the market for one of these myself. The price I quoted includes the £8.50 delivery charge to Ireland. Interestingly amazon now do free returns - all you have to do is print out a postage label from their site and send it back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭green123

digitaldr wrote: »
    Interestingly amazon now do free returns - all you have to do is print out a postage label from their site and send it back to them.

but this would only be the case if there was a problem with the product.

if you just decide to send it back because you dont like it or because you have changed your mind you will have to pay for postage surely ?

That's what I thought but I recently got a router from them, changed my mind & returned it for free. According to their returns policy they'll only charge you postage if it's more than £7.00:
    Returns from Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Poland and the Republic of Ireland
    You will have the option to use a pre-paid label or self-return the article:

Pre-paid. Print the personalised label and take your parcel to your local post office. If the return isn't the result of an error on our part, return delivery costs will be deducted from your refund. The amount deducted from the refund will be GBP 7.00. If the return amount costs less than this amount, you will not be charged for the return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭green123

so you didnt pay any postage ?
    you sent it freepost ?

That's right I sent it freepost and got a full refund. Original order included another item and so qualified for free shipping. Probably wouldn't work for larger items though as shipping would be > £7 and I presume Amazon are talking about the cost the post office want to charge you and not what Amazon charged to deliver it in the first place.

Items Ordered Price
    1 of: TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbs Wireless N Cable Router with 4-Port 10/100 Switch[Accessory]
    Condition: New
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    £21.12

Items Price
    1 of TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbs Wireless N Cable Router with 4-Port 10/100 Switch[Accessory]
    1 returned on 2 Mar 2012 £21.12

Refund date: 23 Feb 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

digitaldr wrote: »
    That's right I sent it freepost and got a full refund. Original order included another item and so qualified for free shipping. Probably wouldn't work for larger items though as shipping would be > £7 and I presume Amazon are talking about the cost the post office want to charge you and not what Amazon charged to deliver it in the first place.

Items Ordered Price
    1 of: TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbs Wireless N Cable Router with 4-Port 10/100 Switch[Accessory]
    Condition: New
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    £21.12

Items Price
    1 of TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbs Wireless N Cable Router with 4-Port 10/100 Switch[Accessory]
    1 returned on 2 Mar 2012 £21.12

Refund date: 23 Feb 2012

you can print off a post paid returns label.
    it goes to Johnson haulage in rathcoole .

Advertisement