Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to start

Options
  • 08-05-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

If I have posted in wrong area I am sorry and please move.

I am hugely interested in joining a airsoft team and wondering how I go about doin this? Also do I need my own equipment or can I hire it at location just till I get a feel for it? Any other information I need to know?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

if you have never played before rent first at a sight, to get the ball rolling then if you really like then consider investing into AEG'S and other gear like EYE PROTECTION and the others like it

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

if you have never played before rent first at a sight, to get the ball rolling then if you really like then consider investing into AEG'S and other gear like EYE PROTECTION and the others like it

Thanks any idea how I go about joining a team? All my mates are more into football etc so at the moment I don't know anyone to go with

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

i have been playing the sport about a year and a half now and i have honestly never seen the interest in joining or making an airsoft team so i cant help you in that department mate sorry :(......but good luck with starting off anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Moved to Airsoft Questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

As previously mentioned by callum wallace, you can go to a site and rent out gear. And this is the best option to get a feel for airsoft.

Afterwards if you are still interested and keen to have your own gear you can invest in your eye protection (get good quality, most retailers have good eye protection for reasonable prices), footwear (good boots are great and a worthy investment) and aeg. In airsoft when it comes to buying gear, get what feels right for you. You get out of the sport what you put into it. Renting aegs and seeing other players gear as well as talking to them (we can be a sociable bunch) can give you an idea of what you want to get.

Need to know things are; eye protection is compulsory, all airsoft devices must have a muzzle energy less than 1 Joule, this is calculated using mass and velocity and devices called chronographs measure this, and irish dpm is a no no (illegal to be worn off duty).

If you tell us where you're from we may be able to suggest some local sites and retailers.

You do not have to be part of a team to play airsoft, however most sites will have a resident team or teams made up of regular players. After a few games and getting to know people you can start playing with them regularly. You can also play airsoft on your own without a team where you turn up and play, after a while you'll know the regulars and have airsoft friends but won't be part of a team exactly.

Most sites charge €25 for a days gaming, about 6 hours or so, and some of these include a lunch. Renting equipment for the day will be another €25 typically and you'll get your eye protection, aeg and other gear that you may need. You probably will have to buy BBs. They're €15 for 5000 0.2g BBs and those should last you for at least 2-3 separate days. A lot of sites sell these on the day.

I think that's most of it. And enjoy your venture into airsoft

• Advertisement
Advertisement