Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time engineering courses

Options
  • 08-05-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I am looking into doing part time engineering course in either mechanical or civil (haven't decided which yet) but after looking around for a bit there isnt many that are higher than a higher cert. I would prefer to do at least a level 7 with the view of moving onto a level 8 hons. I was wondering if anyone knows any? Unfortunately it hasto be a part time course as i have other commitments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dave3

Hi
    I haven't done any engineering courses myself but a few people in work have done mechanical engineering right up to degree level with tallaght institute of technology. I've heard good things about the course. I think you first have to do the higher cert with them (part time) and can then do an ordinary and honours degree with them part time. They also have a part time degree in energy and environmental engineering but I don't know anyone who has done that.

Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kyle123

hi thanks for the info:) could take a while but seems like the only option as not many places do full part time courses lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

You should probably take into consideration the cost of doing the course part time i.e. add up all the fees you'll have to pay to complete all the modules. When you compare it to doing the course full time it may not work out to be cost efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kyle123

yea i know that but i cant afford to stop working lol. would be a lot easier if i could but its not possible

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

DIT do part-time BEngTech among others.

http://www.dit.ie/study/parttime/college/#d.en.46435

I would imagine a lot of the other Institutes of Technologies would also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement