Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and part time work

Options
  • 08-05-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

So im currently on JSA and looking for a job. There's a chance I may be able to get part time work (20 hours a week, weekend work only) so my question is, If I get the job can I claim casual dockets? I've applied to the CAO in the hope of returning to college in September will I be entitled to BTEA?

Any help appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

Just want to bump this if that's ok.

I am currently working part time weekends and i Am thinking of going back to college in september. I am also in receipt of casual payments can I apply for the btea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Also bumping if that's okay, similar situation.

I'm waiting on my first BTEA Payment at the moment (Entire application process complete) However, I've been offered part time work for the hours I'm outside of college. Does this effect the BTEA payment at all? And if so does anyone know what cut off ranges there are on the means test?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

no i work 15-19 hours every week while at college for the last 2 years getting BTEA Ive told the SWO everything and they have no probs with it

its so handy could not afford to live pay rent and go to college
    without the BTEA and part time job

its hard work 7 day weeks but it will be worth it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Yeah, I contacted the Dept. of Social Protection this afternoon and I was informed I can work all the hours god sent and I don't even need to declare it with them as it's not a Job Seekers payment that I'm in receipt of.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

Dont burn yourself out i took every second sunday off so i had a day off every 13 days its really tough goin i went out at 5 times in the whole year i knew i couldnt have any fun you have to be fresh for work and college but i hada mantra goin that the summer was coming and when u think its only 13 weeks to your xmass exams and then 15-16 weeks to summer its very short and youd want a flexible job and
    understanding employers and

• Advertisement
Advertisement