Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Extra Graduation Tickets

Options
  • 08-05-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi there,

So as you know we are only assigned two tickets for graduation, but due to extenuating circumstances I am going to need more than two.

Basically the parents can't stand each other and would need someone there between them to diffuse the situation. Believe me they are nuts!

Do you think this would constitute me being allocated an extra ticket? Who do I contact about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hi Nolimits12,

The best thing to do is drop down to the box office at UCH and explain your situation. Depending on the day you are graduating there may not be available seating.

In this case you could request that your parents are assigned tickets in separate parts of the concert hall. I'm not sure how doable that is with the software they use, but they'll try their best to accommodate you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

Spanks Derek!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭kflynn

It's nice to know someone is in the same position as me!! couldn't imagine them sitting together, and didn't know you could only get two tickets! Uh no idea what i'll do!

kflynn wrote: »
    It's nice to know someone is in the same position as me!! couldn't imagine them sitting together, and didn't know you could only get two tickets! Uh no idea what i'll do!

Same! They would literally kill each other and all you would hear during the grad is these two nutters bickering..mort! At least if I had someone else there between them it would be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

While it probably isn't that common a request, I'd be really surprised if it was the first time they'd had a request like this - it's little more than dealing with reality. The ticket office should (hopefully) be able to cater for it and if they can't, they'd want to be sorting out a solution for it as it's not going to get less common.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

are the tickets assigned and numbered?

I have a solution, put all the ex-wives together separate from all the group of ex-husbands! Then they can all give out about the ex's and everyone will be happy!:D

Wouldn't really want them sitting alone either. Jesus stoopid divorce!Might just bring one?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

kflynn wrote: »
    I have a solution, put all the ex-wives together separate from all the group of ex-husbands! Then they can all give out about the ex's and everyone will be happy!:D

Wouldn't really want them sitting alone either. Jesus stoopid divorce!Might just bring one?!!!!

Play them off against each other...who'll buy you the most nice things...and of course the best dinner after greaduation...and a ticket to the Grad Ball...and a night in the hotel for the ball...

2 tickets for the graduation ceremony to the highest bidding parent. Bet ya they'd sit together then; and bitch about how you tried to shaft them :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

From graduations to The Parent Trap in 9 posts. Bravo! :P

Best idea yet ninty9er!!

wnolan, I had just never thought of it before this thread!Going to be so awkward!!

I call up tomorrow and just see what other people do!

• Advertisement

But if I bring one I will get them both bitching at me at how they paid my college and I cant even take them to my grad bleh bleh bleh..

They would be too distracted about their hatred towards each other to btch about how I shafted them.

Oh I do love divorce! Awkward is not even the word to describe how bad it will be!

Advertisement